Chapter 11- Honey's Day Part 3

Writer~San: Hope everyone is doing okay. Here's an awesome picture to show Honey's love for sweet treats~ Good job to the artist and enjoy the next chapter!
.
.
(~Your POV~)

Honey grins, pulling his arms away from me and joking around, "Y/N, it's alright. Since ya haven't noticed, I'm a skeleton." I shove away the thought to laugh, pointing out the serious truth, "Papyrus! I met you when you were coming out from your worst. I've seen you skeleton pale and I've seen you ghost pale. I don't mean to be rude or anything-... But for your own health, I'd prefer if you could match your specific species. We need to go home."

'You also joke to hide your lies..'

I can't say that out loud and corner him, so I give him a very serious stare instead. He starts to sweat and his smile falters, "Y/N, I'm telling you it's nothing. It's cold in here! Don't worry, we can go to a few other stores first. I saw a few down the boardwalk that-"

I turn away from him, mentally preparing my options. Assume that this is nothing more than Blue's anxiety rubbing off on me, or follow my gut feeling that something is actually wrong.

A warm touch traces across my fingers, and then cups around my hand. "N/N.. I don't like seeing that expression on you. Look at me."

'Wait-...... Is he holding my hand?'

Right then and there, I swear my face turned completely red. Just as I'm trying to process it through my flustered mind, his other hand caresses my cheek. Honey gently coaxes me to look towards him. Of course I can't reject him.

When I have no other choice but to look up from the floor and make eye contact with him, Honey smirks at me. My cheeks puff out a bit whilst I pout in embarrassment. This only amused Pap more, I just know it. He firmed his grip around my hand and spoke softly with a smile, "Y/N, I'm okay. Let's do some more exploring, please."

I stare into his eyes for the longest time as if I could somehow pry out the truth from them.

'Is he really okay? Or is he willing to stay longer for me even if it kills him..?'

The silence drew out for a while since I wasn't sure how to answer him. I notice Stretch slowly start to lose hope. His shy awkwardness takes over very subtly. Papyrus' hand slowly pulls away from mine and he gazes down at the floor. The pressure is getting real as my mind and heart fight with each other.

'This is his first day out! I don't want to do this to him.. BUT I DON'T WANT TO PUSH THE LIMIT AND GET HIM SICK!'

I close my eyes and take a deep breath, "One store. That's it." "Really?" "Yes Papyrus, because your health is my top priority right now. You should be thanking me for not sending you home with Blue." I already decided. If he keeps pushing, I'll have no problem with dragging him all the way back.

'It's his life and his decisions. On the other hand, I'm definitely not going to be the one to willingly risk it.'

When I open my eyes again, Stretch pulls me into his tight embrace, "Whatever you say. Thanks." "You're welcome.." I mumble, hugging back.

'One more store, then we find Blueberry and go home. There will be plenty of future opportunities to bring them here again. It'll be okay.'

(~Small Time Skip~)

"How does this look?" Stretch asks, turning around so I get the full view of this orange t-shirt and black leather jacket he's got on. I giggle, answering him, "Very cool~" Papyrus walks to the nearby mirror and arches an eyebrow, smiling, "Really? I'm not sure if it's my style. Edge would make me wear this for sure though."