the Backup Plan Uncovered

Mayam Ripshang and I had just finished up discussing how we were going to get Harry to and from the bank. When she put a finger across both of her lips in a be quiet motion. She pointed to her shoulder then to me. Looking over I saw Harry was asleep leaning against my shoulder. I looked back to her giving a small wave of good bye and turned the mirror off.

Carefully so as not to wake him I spelled Him clean. Then tried to summon his pajamas. When it didn't work I frowned. Whispering Crashers the elf popped in quietly. "Sir he forgot to put them back away no clothes in closet. The elf then transfigured his clothes into pajamas. Carefully I picked him up and took him to his bed. When Crashers pulled the bedding back I set him down and tucked him in.

I walked out of the room closing the door softly. Then I gave Crashers a hard look. "Where are his clothes and why aren't they in his closet?" I was not happy what had Harry done with his clothes. And why had Crashers given such an evasive answer.

"They are in his trunk sir. Which is in his pocket. He sorted his clothes getting rid of things he doesn't like is all. He must have forgotten to put them away after." Crashers said very quickly. Then looked away he knew something and wasn't telling me. So I stared at him until he caved. "He took things from his desk, office, and bathroom to put in the trunk as well. We thinks he is not leaving but is being ready in case he needs to master." I was stunned Harry made his truck into his backup plan. Al Slytherins we're taught this from the moment they set foot into Slytherin. Have a enough packed and ready to go to make a quick exit. Keep it close by just in case. And most importantly know your way out.

"Dismissed" I said absently as I turned and rushed to get to everyone before they went to bed. First going to Cissa since she was closest. Knocking quickly and rapidly. When she opened the door I rushed out "did you teach Harry the beginnings of the Slytherin backup plan?" She blinked at me for a second. "No I..." I ran off before she could finish. Running down to the guest wing I knocked on Lucius and Severus's door. When Lucius came to the door in a towel his eyes bugged out "what's wrong!?" He asked clearly alarmed. "Did you teach Harry the Slytherin backup plan?" He blinked and shook his head no. "What about Severus?" I was starting to freak had he simply felt that unsafe or unwanted. "No Tom he was never sorted there we wouldn't teach him that. It's against the code of Slytherin." My eyes bugged before I ran off. Rushing to the other end of the hall I knocked on all three doors for the kids. Tapping my foot impatiently while I waited as soon as all three were in front of me in their robes.

"Did any of the three of you teach Harry the backup plan?" I asked them trying not to show my panic. They looked at each other in surprise. Pansy was the one who spoke. "No sir we had discussed it and desided that if the house voted it to be okay based on the fact that he was supposed to be in Slytherin then we would later but none of us was willing to break the code without a full house vote." Once she said that I was floored. It must have showed on my face. She looked worried as she watched me.

"Tom why have you asked us all if we taught him that? Do you want him taught?" It was Cissa who had asked but I knew they were all staring at me. I could barely find my voice. "He made one. This morning" I turned to her. "When a Slytherin does it. It's because they were told to. But for others it's means something. Either he felt unwanted or was afraid of..." I choked on air.

Snape and Lucius both gasped at the same time. "The clothes he was doing that this morning." They both spoke at the same time. Both looked horrified.

"Not sure if I should be worried or proud. But I think I'll go with proud. After all not only did he get this past all of us he did it on his own" Narcissa said with a smile forming on her face. "Draco dear the day before the vote I expect you to send me a letter expect my answer in the morning. Oh he's such a doll I can't wait to teach him everything I know oh sevy we are going to have so much fun." She started chatting with Severus as they walked back towards their rooms. Pansy looked thoughtful for a moment before smiling and went in her room.

Leaving Lucius the boys and me gapping after them. "Did they forget the negative reasoning behind someone doing that." Draco asked Blaise also looked thoughtful before he smiled.

"I don't think so. The hat wanted him in Slytherin right? So he might have already been that way. Meaning he may have already known how to do it. And has just desided that he needs to do so again." He shrugged giving Draco a kiss on the cheek before going to his room.

"Oh I get it he felt like he was getting to comfortable. So he made some changes. So he can be more comfortable." Draco brightened at the end. "Do you know what that means!? He's settling in! Being more him! He's going to stay!" Finishing all that he jumped into his father's arms excitedly. Lucius face mirrored his son excitement. They hugged and laughed and I slowly walked to my room not sure how to take it.

Should I celebrate or be sad. I felt like if I had just held me close and comforted him last night he wouldn't have made his backup plan. Like I had caused him to think it was necessary. When I got to my room I sat on my bed in a ball. And trued to sleep but I knew it would be a fruitless endeavor.