Voldemort's Realization

When not one but two owls arrived later just before dinner I smiled. When Lucius looked at them he frowned. "That owl belongs to Ms. Parkinson and carried a letter from Draco he sealed it with his ring." We both knew that whatever was in that letter was something serious. "And the other is from Anonymous. "I open Anonymous first so you can have yours." His face stone like and completely unreadable. To be honest I was a bit on edge as well.

When Lucius pulled out another envelope and a short letter to him I smiled a bit they took my advice. Taking mine and waiting for him to read his he smiled at first. Then his eyebrows rose then he cussed. "That little shit! Turned me into an owl! I'll just have to teach the little shit a lesson in manners I will so help me have them writing lines till till their fingers fall off!" Lucius scowled but the heat just wasn't there. "Very clever got to give him that?"

  "Him? Let me see it." I said sliding the parchment from his hand. As soon as I read it I couldn't help but laugh. I noticed Narcissa walking into the room clear amused by their mood. I smirked and handed the letter to her and said. "Read number four." Seeing the look of pure horror on Lucius's face told me it was the perfect move. 'He won't live that down for a while.' when Narcissa started chuckling I moved on to mine. After reading it I noticed their were water droplet staining the parchment. "He was upset when he wrote this time I believe he was crying." I handed over the letter to Lucius.

After he looked over the letter he frowned deeply. "Left handed male that's clever and was crying and seems to hang out in the owlry." Lucius scowled at the page. "If either of us knew the students better we might be able to figure out who it is."

   "What did Draco send?" I asked concerned for them. "Might be him asking to marry someone." I said hopeful.i watched as he opened it then his face fell. Now he looked scared. While he stared at it blankly I slid it from his hand. After reading it I to paled "Potter is Anonymous." Then I reread the latter bit "He he cried."
............

   We all sat there quietly for a bit before I took action. "Narcissa write to Draco tell him to keep an eye on him and protect him as best he can without being obvious." I looked at her she quickly called an elf for writing supplies for all of us. "And Narcissa! Tell him to calm down as Potter's owl wasn't safe to send." Turning to Lucius I gave him a hard look "For now we continue as if we don't know write to him as though he is still Anonymous. Got it?" After receiving a confirming nod. I watched him pick up the quill and start writing.

Mr. Anonymous,

   Think your funny do you!? Well I'll have you know I fully intend on have you writing lines till your fingers fall off. That ought to teach you some manners. BRAT! On another note I heard Potter got himself some pen pals. Are they safe people do you know? Also try and keep both of you safe. You are forgiven for scaring me. But not for making me an owl. Mr. Tomson laughed at me. And then informed my wife who also laughed at me.
                                                 Lord Malfoy

Dearest dragon,

     Be careful how you treat Mr. Potter. He is likely in a vulnerable place due to resent events. He has had a difficult life. Just keep an eye from a distance as he may not want to be near others for some time. He may try reaching out to a friend or someone he finds can be helpful for now just help unseen would be best.
                                                   Your loving
                                                       Mother

Anonymous,

     Who are those people I wish to know? Yes a prophecy. Who are these mysterious pen pals? Are they good for him? It doesn't shock me to much to find out that the bastard did that. But them I truly didn't think that lowly of either until now. As for my war goals you are correct. It was not as simple as wanting to burn the world to rule over the ashes. I wanted many things from the war mostly to separate us from the muggles. It is simply not safe the way they are going about things. We will be discovered and wiped out at this rate. Also magical orphanages. All magic inclusion. And reopening courses that Dumbledore shut down. "For the greater good." Funny thing he says that. So did grindwald. Glad you got the name thing. And I'm not cute. Okay to activate the portkey he need to hold it and say safety. As for why gringotts it to ensure he can't be tracked he'll need to go right in and say Anonymous sent me to be cleansed. Once that done he'll ask for Mr. Malfoy to be summoned. Mr. Malfoy will take him to a safe location. And I won't be there mainly to assure him of his safety.
                                                   Be Safe
                                               Mr. Tomson