17

*Leighton's POV*

I was currently sitting in the waiting room, mentally cursing out my ex-boyfriend.

I can't believe he wasn't here. My appointment was in 10 minutes, and he isn't here.

He told me he was going to be with me every step of the way, and he isn't here.

He wasn't even replying to my text messages, which was only pissing me off more.

My phone was buzzing in my pocket, and I prayed to God it was my ex, but anger boiled in my stomach when I saw it was Sam.

"Hello" I muttered, wanting to go smack some sense into my ex-boyfriend.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked and I rolled my eyes

No

"Yeah, I'm fine"

"Are you sure?" He asked again, making me sigh.

"Just annoyed, what did you call for?"

"How long are you staying on the trip with us? I'm going over our plans" He said and I bit my lip, rubbing at my eye out of frustration.

"Till Monday I guess. Got to be back for work Tuesday" I muttered quietly, glancing around at all the anxiously waiting mothers to be.

Their trip went from Thursday to next Sunday, so they were there for over a week, but I worked next Tuesday so I would only be with them for a little over the weekend.

"Okay, are you sure you're okay Leighton?" Sam asked again and I felt my hard shell crack.

"He isn't here" I whispered, cracking as I mentally groaned at the stinging my eyes started doing.

I was tired of crying over him. I was tired of crying because I missed him, crying because I'm having his baby, and he isn't here, crying because I had these expectations in my head and I was tired of being let down when they weren't met.

"Who isn't there? Where are you?" Sam asked, sounding concerned and I felt bad for worrying him.

I shouldn't have said anything.

"I have an ultrasound. He isn't here" I said quietly and It was silent for a moment, making me think the call dropped, until Sam inhaled and spoke again.

"Drop a pin I'm coming" He said and my eyes widened.

"What? No! It's fine really!" I quickly spoke, the person across from me eyeing me before looking back at her magazine.

God I hated nosy people.

"Leighton, drop the pin. I'm already in the car. Let me be your friend. Don't push us away. Please" He spoke softly at the end and I sighed, nodding slowly, pulling my phone away from my ear and sending him my location.

"I did" I replied quietly.

"Be there in 10 minutes Leighton" Sam said before hanging up and the tears rolled down my face.

"Are you okay?" The girl sitting two seats over, quietly asked.

"I'm okay" I gave her a small smile, leaning back in the chair and crossing my legs.

I ended up getting a text from Gabe telling me his boss wouldn't let him leave. I got it from a work perspective, but I was still upset he wasn't here.

We were supposed to be doing this together.

Colby had gotten back to me on which poses he liked best for the artwork, so I started figuring out the sketch for it when I heard my phone ring and I pulled it back out, seeing it was Sam.