02

Btw just so my brain can stop hurting trying to figure this out, I'm basing this book off the 2022 calendar year so I can map out this pregnancy easier, and I'm just calling it 2020. I've spent too long trying to figure this all out smh. I literally had to download a pregnancy app on my phone for this book lmao - March 12th 2022

*Leighton's POV*

I walked out of Sam and Colby's house, wiping my eyes and taking a deep breath.

Was this what I had to look forward to for the rest of my pregnancy?

I was still wiping my eyes when I walked past Kat's car, our eyes meeting. She quickly got out of the car, making her way over to me.

"Oh my god! Did I make you cry or did they make you cry? I'm so sorry! I was just teasing!" She quickly explained, a frown finding its way on her pretty face. 

I looked at Kat's features more, and started to cry harder.

She was really pretty!

No wonder my boyfriend left me! People like her exist!

"I'm sorry. You did nothing wrong, I've got to go" I spoke quickly, walking past her and trying to stop my eyes from watering.

I silently looked up towards the sunny California sky, sighing as I thought

Please stop messing with mommy's emotions

"Wait!" Kat ran after me, her heels clicking on the cement driveway as I opened my car door. 

I looked up at her, waiting to get into my car.

"Did they say something? She questioned and I heard the front door open and close, walking closer to us.

Now was not the time for pregnancy hormones to kick in!

"No" I squeaked out, trying to swallow the lump in my throat as I stared at her pretty face. 

"Then what's wrong? How can I help? I didn't mean to upset you I swear! I know you were just asking if I visited the house frequently" I could hear the desperation in her voice, thinking she had actually hurt me.

I sighed, wanting her to drop it since I didn't want to explain why I was crying.

I could only tell her so many times that she didn't do anything wrong!

"I know. I promise I'm fine! Hope you have a good date night" I gave her a weak smile, flashbacks of me and my ex having date nights played through my head, my eyes watering up again.

"Hey, what's up?" Sam asked, glancing between us.

"She's crying" Kat frowned, myself rolling my eyes.

Here we go.

"What? Why?"

"I don't know," Kat pouted, staring at me.