.• 𝙘𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙚𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙞𝙙𝙚 •.

Anon request: i have a request, if you're open! my birthday is coming up in a few days and i hate celebrating it. in fact, i think i've cried every single birthday i've ever had lmao. so maybe a leon x reader where he just wants to take y/n away from everything, maybe they take a nice late night car drive, windows down, music quietly playing. or maybe they just watch the city from their rooftop with a little birthday cake, just the two of them. something simple and quiet, no surprise birthday parties, or house full of people and loud music and cameras.

if the birthday thing is too specific, just a generic spending some time together, without the mention of birthdays is amazing, too. im really just saving some fics to read when the day comes lmao. hope you're doing well, and thank you if you decide to write it!

 hope you're doing well, and thank you if you decide to write it!

Pairing: Leon Kennedy x F!Reader

Warning(s): mentions of reader wearing a dress (I know there are people who aren't comfortable in wearing dresses, you can ignore that bit), slight mention of anxiety on birthdays

Hi anon! Sorry for the late response, I've been losing my motivation to write lately tbh. But I found a song that I feel like would fit the vibe of this fic and got an idea. Regardless, belated happy birthday! I hope you had a wonderful time celebrating your day despite how you feel about it!

BTW, this'll be my last request for Leon for now.

*****

Birthdays were something you never really looked forward to, in fact you dreaded them with all your heart. There was just something in parties revolving around you, singing, lighting up candles and slicing cakes that inundated you when really, they were something you should be grateful with, or so your family's told you. You wanted so badly to believe them and even went as far as forcing yourself to be happy even when your anxiety's been bothering you the whole day. You gave up fighting for that piece of you once you've matured and went out on your own, doing the usuals even on your special day.

But despite that, here you were wearing a f/c dress, letting the skirt flow against the urge of the wind through the open windows of your car. You supposed it wouldn't be so bad when you've got the love of your life riding you through cities and towns while you sing along to whatever cheesy shit was on the radio. It was like making memories in every city; once you visit each and every one of them again, you for sure wouldn't but think of you and Leon.

The smell of coffee shops still whiffed by your nose, the tip still feeling a tad bit sticky from the jest of a cupcake icing. Your skin tingled from Leon's sporadic touch on your thigh, and your heart melted once you've found your safe haven: alone in the hills beyond the sunset.

Leon's phone had been shuffling through different songs of varying styles and genres on its own while you and him devoured on your sandwiches. But once his playlist went bingo with the song he knew you very much loved with your head and heart, he took you in his arms, spinning you a few times before placing you down and easing his hands on your waist and yours around his neck.

You palliated with the music, letting it flow through you as Leon looked at you as if you were his world.

"You gotta stop looking at me like that, you're flustering me, you know," you shied away from his eyes as a blush began to form on your cheeks.

"Really? I make you blush when I look at you like this?"

"Mmm... And you very well know that, you smooth fucker."

You guessed a birthday can be sweet without cake or fanfare, all you needed was you, him in your own little world, cruising and just enjoying the ride.