.• 𝙟𝙪𝙢𝙥 •.

Pairing: Infinite Darkness!Leon x F!reader

Warning(s): Nightmares, fluff

Song: jump – Against the Current

Sequel to again&again (miniseries finale)

*****

The love he was receiving from your grace turned into poison the moment he saw just how unwonted your eyes had become. He felt claws digging against the softness of his skin, his lower half and his limbs freezing paralyzed beside him. He was a dead man looking through a naïve lover's eyes, and as he felt you rip his heart out from his chest, as he stared at the bloodied beating flesh in your hand through the haze, he saw the sick, twisted admiration brightening the petrifying redness of your irises.

Then, the next thing you did made him fall into an immensely obnoxious vertigo that made him sick to his stomach and he wish he just died immediately right after you pulled his heart out.

You licked what you took from him.

The gore in it became a sickness in his emotions, a twisting of his innards that was the same as any virulent infection intent on harm, bringing a wave of sickness within that went far beyond any physical retching. It was just despicable on its own and he wanted to close his eyes to prevent himself from seeing you and your wretched ideas come to life in front of him, but for some reason he couldn't.

There was just something in your polemic verses and deeds that attracted him to you in a peculiar way. Perhaps it was the curiosity that was slowly killing him plaguing his brain, or was it that he genuinely liked it? He was no masochist in any way, what he'd experience in his twenties was enough – and maybe too much – of a pain for him but he figured maybe he was in another dimension where he was a whole other person, maybe he was in the mind of a different man, or maybe this was a dark poetry in motion where the cantos voice something so much more powerful than this? If he were to be honest, he didn't have the answer to that right now and he couldn't be bothered to think of one when all that he could focus on was how amusingly blood-curdling the sight of you on top of him was.

You stared at his heart in a way one would be when they're enchanted by something. Your head tilted from side to side as if examining every tissue and blood vessel; smelling it, tasting it, and treasuring it to your liking. An awfully odd sight to look at but a darkly witty thing to witness regardless. He would have chuckled at how childish you looked like had he not have been paralyzed on his spot and had it not been his heart you were holding.

God forbid this to happen again if he were to return to this cycle every night, but from the blood-soaked organ in your hand, your gaze slowly shifted to his eyes in an uncomfortable way, wearing a menacing smile that could kill him on the spot if that were to be your intention. Your teeth looked like a paired row of stalactites, so sharp and so frightening that he feared you were going to take a bite out of him. Strings and beads of saliva dropped from them and to his blanket where irregular figures formed on their own. You looked disgustingly scary but so alluringly beautiful at the same time with your perfect figure and revolting imperfections.

What happened next came as a shock to him.

With your pointed claws, you vigorously stabbed yourself in the chest where your heart would be and pulled out the very same organ you took out of him, leaving an open and sanguinary wound just by your left breast. His eyes widened.

There was just something vexatious about how you didn't even grimace at how painful pulling your own heart must have been. After all, he felt the urge to scream when you did that to him but couldn't because of the lack of control on the situation at hand, what more when you did that to yourself? You maintain your mischievous smile without even shifting your facial expression and that made him want to squirm around to get away from you. This made him question; what the hell were you?