.• 𝙡𝙪𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙗𝙮 •.

Pairing: Infinite Darkness!Leon x F!Reader

Warning(s): slight gore, mentions of sex, PTSD, depression, and suicidal thoughts, lack of dialogue

Song: lullaby – Against the Current

*****

Just another lullaby

Raccoon City was a zombie town.

They all looked alike except one thing; he could tell the dead and living apart by their eyes. He was careful, very careful, because the zombies were roused to anger and suspicion if he showed too much heart. He'd mastered the look of the benumbed eye, reserved his living soul for others who were alive. Still, that wasn't enough for him to fight the riptide of dead-eyed people as they consumed him to his death.

They've bitten his parts one by one; tearing off his skin and flesh, snatching each of his bones and masticating on what was left of him. His screams were long gone into the night by now. He'd succumbed to the paralysis of the mind he'd acquired when they sunk their teeth into him.

Death wasn't kind. He knew that. It snatched where it could, taking people who were far too young, far too good. It didn't pretend to care; it didn't pretend to distinguish. The hooded vale of death had hung over the world for a long time, always threatening. Death had ripped away a part of him, the part of him that was most loved. Now, he would sit staring for hours, his face sunken and haunted, his mind cold and empty.

He knew his time was limited. He could feel it. He could feel the disease running through his veins and it wouldn't be long before he would turn into one of the things he was trying to fight against, for you and for him. He promised that you would both make it out alive...

It's been eight years, eight fucking years since the incident in Raccoon City happened. He should've been used to the nightmares by now especially since his line of work involved coming up against the cycle of what occurred in the month of September, year 1998. But still, he wasn't. Leon somehow felt like his dreams were becoming more and more of a burden to him as years passed by, each sleeping times and waking hours leaving him breathless as the wake of his mind's eye haunted his soul.

Each time, they got worse, one too many times had he dreamt of you turning into things he couldn't believe his mind could make up. The monstrosities he would imagine you to be never even existed in the first place but they oddly resembled what he'd discover during his missions. Leon would hear people screaming, sometimes even feeling his throat let out its own as he felt the burn of his surrender.

As painful as it was, sometimes he wouldn't mind giving up his life for the sake of his own peace. Leon had been swept by the undertow of his personal demons, moved quickly to drown him slow in the hell he's been in in the past eight years of his existence. He was only human, after all. Surely, he would have his breaking point some time in his life if whatever he's doing keeps going, right? He thought and felt like it was more desirable to end everything in one go than suffer an overwhelmingly slow and painful death.