skinny dipping sneak peek

"You will call, won't you? And write?" Shen hollered from the top of the stairs.

Ada gasped from beside her and jested in an overdramatic manner, "On Palace writing paper. So that we can show everyone."

Though you knew it would be nearly impossible to do given the promise of an organized schedule and duty as a future wife and princess, you still vowed to contact them constantly even if you lived behind castle walls. "I'll phone morning and night."

"No, you won't," Helena retorted, "You'll be too busy trying on tiaras and having tea brought to you."

"Bye!"

"Bye, Duch," they giggled in unison. "Bye, Princess."

With the painful farewells and dreadful smiles out of the way, your lips fell into a tightened press, something so powerful already draining your system as you made your way through cameras and microphones with an assistant holding an umbrella above your head to shield you away from the rain as he guided you towards a car.

You could still hear the crowd clamoring outside even with the shelter of the vehicle blocking you from them. A part of you was flattered at the attention they were giving you, but you were buried in the dead of the night and a long road was still ahead of you. If you didn't feel the least bit tired, then surely the journey would exhaust you at some point.

This is probably going to be the longest oneshot that I will ever write, probably going to have like at least 10k words so this might take a while.

In the meantime, hope you like the lil sneak peek.