Was I sleeping? Yes, but a dream with Melody giving such specific instructions? I don't think so. Melody, what are you up to? She connected with me for a reason. To go back and I'm going to listen to her.

My phone, which is shoved in the crease of the couch cushion, is still dry. No calls or even a text from my father. This is a sign. I quickly type all the information Melody gave me in my so-called dream before I forget and then get up.

I collect a small bag with only clothing and throw in ground powder I had found in the kitchen. According to my phone's maps Wessinvale is about an hour away. I have tomorrow off and who knows if I will even be here tomorrow, so why should I care? I'm leaving now.

I have to find Iira.

Wessinvale looks abandoned when I pull into the town. Most buildings are old, and barely standing. Graffiti is stained to most stone walls in many pictures and symbols. My car driving through its abandoned streets causes a few people to give me an eerie look. The population here appears to be very little. I've seen only about three people walking the streets, and some others sleeping in the alleyways. The town feels dark, like an energy I have never felt before. I stand out like a sore thumb.

I take all sorts of turns just going up and down this little town searching for any sort of sign of a nightclub. I finally approach a building that may be what I am looking for. There's an old sign hanging from the roof. It's connected by two little wires and somehow still flickers with white and gold lights. Rosemary Delight - NightClub. The sign reads. Worth a try. I mean, how many nightclubs could possibly be in one little abandoned town?

I park the car in the overgrown parking lot. It beeps as I lock it, though in all honestly I don't think anyone would want my shitty car. If I'm wrong, they can have it for all I care.

The door creaks an awful noise as I open it and it echoes through the empty hallway. I follow the hallway down into a larger room. The club area. Tables and chairs are covered in white cloth throughout the room, collecting dust. Stage lights are broken from the ceiling, leaving glass upon the wood stage. Insects have made this area their home, crawling up the walls, eating everything and leaving their webs across the beams in the ceiling.

There are a few doors against the right wall I can check. Before I get to one of the doors, there's a shuffling from behind me. Then a crash from the back left corner. I flip around, eyeing around the room. "Hello?" I called out, my voice bouncing off of the walls.

Nothing responds.

The air is heavy here, filled with dust and who knows what else, but the pressure against my chest is hard and heavy. I freak out and jump when I feel small strands of my hair being lifted. Nothing is behind me, but I hear soft squeaks pass by my ears, followed by wind.

My hair is lifted again, but this time someone speaks, "Look at this hair! It's so healthy and pretty!"

"May I take some?"

I whip around to the two voices, pulling my hair from their touchy hands. Two fairies stand in front of me. A sigh of relief leaves my lips. You really did reach out to me, Melody. The feeling in my chest blooms with excitement.

The fairies in front of me look completely different from Melody. Their black eyes stare into my soul and shiver again. Black see-through wings hover behind them, swiping a small amount of air in my direction.

"And she has a pretty face. Must be nice." One of them giggles.

"You probably look into the mirror and say the complete opposite, right? So dramatic you mortals are." The other adds in.

I blink a few times and brace myself. Fairies are here? In the human world? I haven't even said a word to them and they don't care. They've shown themself to me and insulted me in a way and yet they are so giggly. The smiles don't match their dark aesthetic.

They've begun to ramble on about my facial features when I wrap my brain around the situation. I came here to look for someone. My questions can wait. "I'm looking for a woman named Iira."

The name shuts them up real quick and in sync. They both point to the back wall, where a door stands next to the stage. "Thank you." I bow my head and make my way to the door.

The girls mumble something about jealousy and how I can't take a compliment apparently, but I had not heard anything of the sort leave their mouths. It's not something to worry about right now. I have bigger issues.

There is a single shadow that passes under the door, and I take note of how much the person inside appears to be moving around. I don't hear anything from inside, but I still knock to be polite.

"Come in!" A high-pitched voice calls out. I push the door open and it doesn't creak as bad as the front door. It feels as if I entered a new building. The room is much cleaner and smells more of smoke than dust. A small desk is to my right, where a woman sits on the edge.

"Oh, darling! A beautiful little mortal you are. Pleasure to meet you. May I have your name?"

Oh goodness! She's more terrifying than the fairies outside.