Chapter 12

Seonghwa woke up to cold silence. He hated it. The first thing he noticed after darkness was that the spot next to him was empty. The alpha had been with him all day and even warmed him to sleep so he couldn't understand what was going on. Judging from the darkness outside, he was sure it was already late. There was no reason for Hongjoong to be out and if he was for whatever reason, he should've been back.

His nerves increased with anxiousness when he exited the room and still couldn't locate his alpha. It was never a good sign if Hongjoong was gone without telling him. He looked around hoping to find a note of some sort but there was nothing.

He tried to calm down but when he looked up at the time and saw that it was already early in the morning, his mind only became more erratic and he panicked. Where would Hongjoong go in such a rush that he couldn't even leave a note? Seonghwa knew he wouldn't have gone too far or back to work but he was still worried.

Pacing back and forth made him feel cold and he decided to take a warm bath to calm down. He needed one anyway and considering how long he usually took, he was sure Hongjoong would be back by the time he got out.

It was an hour later when he finally did and Hongjoong was still no where to be found. His worries couldn't settle for long though since his stomach growled right after. He hoped to relieve himself and headed to the kitchen deciding to make two plates since he was sure Hongjoong would be back soon but the alpha wasn't.

His stomach twisted in fear and he couldn't even eat the food he made. The last time something similar to this happened, Hongjoong was on his deathbed. He didn't want that again.

Judging from the bond he was sure the older was alive at least since he couldn't really navigate through it well. This time he tried and usually he never really felt much but a slight warmth which he understood to mean as Hongjoong was fine.
However as he focused, he was able to feel something. He wasn't sure what it was but it felt and smelled like Hongjoong.

The scent was faint and far away and the feeling was a little tight. Seonghwa didn't know what that meant and sighed. He looked between the two plates on the table then looked outside, shocked that it was already morning. The only thing that could ever keep Hongjoong away from him for this long was his research.

Seonghwa suddenly felt foolish for not realizing sooner. There had been a few times where Hongjoong suddenly disappeared whenever he found something interesting and needed to fact check it. Even then he would make sure to leave a note but Seonghwa assumed it was just too alarming this time that Hongjoong had to leave in such a manner.

He had work today but didn't really feel like going without knowing where Hongjoong was. The plates of food had started to grow cold and Seonghwa frowned before forcing both plates down his throat.

"You don't want to rest?" Mingyu asked.
"I don't think we have time for that," The King said.
"Why? We've only been gone a day."
"And we won't reach there until nightfall making it two," he replied.
"Besides," his finger hit against his chin.
"I have a feeling."

For a simple Fire alpha, the King had great intuition. There were times where he just knew something was going to happen before it did and he was almost always right.

"Is it a good one?" Mingyu asked hopefully.
"I don't know but it's making me anxious," he said seriously.

Mingi's soft snore broke the tense silence and the King side smiled at his curled up position in the corner.

"Are you certain he's alright Min? He's been sleeping since yesterday."
"For a man with all omegas, I'm surprised you don't know how maturing works."
"None of my sons ever slept all day. They always had me on my toes. Him being one of them."
"And now those sons have all left to their responsibilities. He was only there to assist them so what is he to do now?" Mingyu shot back. The King let it go figuring the omega had a point.

Soulmates. The trilogy IIIजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें