Chapter 9

"Mingi? Is everything alright? You've been sulking all week," Mingyu said at the dining table. The alpha sighed and dropped his fork. He always felt bad for not telling his dad whenever something was going on but it technically wasn't his fault. The omega couldn't keep his mouth shut to save his life.

"Are you fighting with Yunho?" He asked softly. The alpha was thankful for the question.
"Not really..." he lamely responded. Mingyu didn't really believe his response.
"Did you two separate again?"
"No we didn't!" He said a little defensively. The man definitely didn't believe him now.

"..we're just..we're fine.." he mumbled.
"You don't have to lie to me Ming. I'll only help you.."
"Yeah and then tell the King.." he muttered under his breath.
"What-! I wouldn't!" He defended himself. Mingi didn't believe his response.

"Is it something that would make Woohyung upset?"
Mingi didn't know how to respond and sighed again.

"I don't know.." he whined.
"He said he needs some space to think.."
"So you separated?!" The omega raised his voice.
"No we didn't. We still talk to each other like normal. ...He just wants to think...without me.." he murmured the last part.

"Why?"
"I'm not really sure. I think it's because of the way I've been acting. ...he feels like it's his fault.."
"The reason you've been practically unnoticeable?"
"What? You think so too?"
"Yeah..I've never known my son could be so quiet," he said nonchalant and returned to eating his food.

"Is..I've been doing so because of the kingsmen... they're so hypocritical.." he finally explained.
"Oh Mingi..." the man placed his chopsticks on the table.
"You need to ignore them. No matter what they do, the Kings word is final," he told his son.
"I know but it's not that simple.."
"Why?"

"If Yunho is King but they only look to me because I seem capable, then his words will mean nothing. And since I'm an alpha it'll just be the same outside of the Kingdom. If I ever speak on a matter or do some great action, I will automatically be glorified for it...it's just..." he wiped his eyes a bit.

Part of him still felt like the only answer was for them to separate for good but he couldn't do that again. Nobody seemed to bother at the moment because they weren't thinking far ahead. Was he so wrong for doing so? For wanting Yunho's dream to come true without any problems? Why was it all so hard? What was so wrong with an omega being king? He really couldn't understand and it physically pained him.

Mingyu moved to hug his son and comfort him. He could understand where the Alpha was coming from and it made him upset. The Kingsmen were very stubborn about the topic and he knew it was mainly because of their pride.
They were still disrespectful towards him as the only omega amongst them so he could only imagine how terrible it'd be for an omega King.

It suddenly made him annoyed. It'd already been 3 years and they refused to accept it as if they had a choice in the matter. They were only so haughty because they believed they were the Kings people but that was only for Woohyung. A smirk played at his lips as he got an idea.

"..is that..really bad? .. I just..want Yunho to be happy," he cried. Mingyu pat his head and hugged him.

"No no no I understand you little Ming. I really do. But you should never change ..the way you act and your whole personality just for somebody else. It's not healthy...and I understand the prince's intentions," he said softly.

"Then..what ..what should I do?..I can't separate from him again. I don't want to."

"And you don't have to. I'll take care of it. Just trust me," Mingyu said absolutely serious.
"How..?" Mingi sniffled.
"Don't worry about it. For now, I just want you to return to your old self. Do whatever you want, be it alpha activities or speaking your mind and being loud like you used to be. Just don't force yourself to suffer anymore son. I don't want that for you," he rubbed his wrists.