Chapter 26

Hansung was startled when Jasmine and Wooyoung suddenly appeared in front of him. He really should have been used to it by now.

"When's the last time you heard from Ha Yeon?" Wooyoung didn't bother with formalities when he tried to bow.

"The day before the last. She said she was tired."

"Is that why you three didn't meet up?"

"Yes. Also because Hyung has been helping the King with the baby."

"Baby?"

Hansung thinned his lips remembering that the information was confidential.

"Noona gave birth to one already. Jain said she needs rest so they're not announcing it," Jasmine filled in.

Wooyoung nodded, his mind going back to worrying about Ha Yeon. He glanced at the oblivious beta in front of him deciding to just give it up. There was no point worrying someone who wouldn't be able to do anything about the situation.

"Your highness?"

"Forgive me. Jasmine here just wanted to check on you," he forced a smile and turned away.

"You're looking a lot better since I last saw you," the King smiled and pat his son's hair. Yeosang preened at the action, the scent filling Jongho with delight.

"Yea you're glowing," Yunho added.
"Somebody's been treating you well," he looked over at the alpha who blushed and looked away. Yeosang nodded proudly.

"I just had my first heat a week ago!" He bared his neck for everyone to see. Yunho, Mingi, and even the King all inched closer to see what he was trying to show.

"Heavens! You mated?" Yunho questioned.
"Hmm it looks quite different than the usual," his father added.
"Congratulations," Mingi spoke just above a whisper.

"Thank you."

"How does it feel?" Yunho asked curiously.

"It doesn't feel much different but .. it's warm."

"Did you use the elixir?" His father asked.

"No. We didn't need it."

"Well that makes sense," he nodded a bit and took a step back to look at his son. His blond hair glistened under the sunlight and he looked different in his father's eyes.

"Your mother would be so proud."

"I actually wanted to visit her today," he smiled.
"I'd appreciate it if you'd come with me."
"Sure. Let me know when you're ready."

Ha Yeon tried to move from her seat but it wasn't easy with the boy staring at her. The scary man with the deep voice hadn't returned since the day before but she could hear him even from afar. And as much as the sound frightened her, she forced herself to listen to what was happening around her.

It was just a few hours ago when the situation became clear. The man was going around whatever enclosed facility they were in, stripping betas of their ability. She didn't know how but knew that it had to be used in front of him to be taken away. So even if her ability had returned, she couldn't tell. Not with his guard watching her like a hawk.

"C-can I use... the restroom?" She dared to ask.

"There's a hole in your seat and a bucket underneath. Go ahead."

Ha Yeon grimaced at that and turned away. All she needed was 5 seconds. It wouldn't take long for the man to return and do unthinkable damage to get her to use her ability. But even then she had no idea where she was. There was no point in trying to call for help if they didn't know where to find her. So she decided to push her luck again.