Under (Taehyung + OT7) p.2

Start from the beginning

He's dizzy with the speed of reality catching up back to him. Yoongi is struggling to keep them both above the water but he found him, and Hobi thinks that maybe, maybe he can let himself hope. It's fragile and it can shatter and disappear at any moment, but there's a slim chance that things might be ok and it reignites a fire inside of him. Jungkook has now reached Yoongi and they're holding Taehyung between the two of them, fighting the waves as they get closer to the shore. For the first time since he dropped his sandwich and the world stopped turning, Hoseok doesn't feel miles away from the beach and he finds himself looking towards the two men behind him. Namjoon is still on the phone with the emergency services and he's holding a hand over his mouth, covering it in a silent prayer. Their oldest hyung on the other hand starts to run, ready to help when they get closer. Jimin... he's just staring at the water. Hobi doesn't think he even sees the three men finally stepping foot on the beach because he's looking in the wrong direction.

But Hobi is more than ready to put some distance between the sea and his friends and he quickly helps Seokjin lay Taehyung  on his back. Namjoon approaches them, phone in hand and asking for a pulse. The eldest seems to have things in control, so he steps back to give him space to work. He stops to take everything in. A few feet away from the three men, the youngest is completely out of breath, hands on his knees as he tries to stop the bile that rises in his throat. Behind him and barely out of the waves' reach, Yoongi catches Hobi's attention next. He's staring into space, blinking rapidly and Hoseok knows the signs but he's not fast enough to catch him when his knees buckle under his weight.

"Yoongi!"

"Tae? Shit, he's not breathing-"

"They say to start CPR-"

It all happens at once. Too many things occur in the span of a second and he decides to ignore most of it. When he reaches the rapper's side, he drops to his knees and grabs him by the shoulder to hold him up. Yoongi looks up at him with unfocused eyes, apparently amused at the whole situation.

"Oh."

"Are you ok?" Hobi asks him.

"I found him." he simply replies, smiling despite it all. It's clear that he's exhausted but all the younger rapper sees in Yoongi's eyes is gratitude. At least now there's hope. And Hobi doesn't know if he wants to kiss him or punch the stupid smile off of his face so he just holds on to him -because Taehyung is still lying unresponsive next to them and he needs something to ground himself. He tries to turn a blind eye to the world around him but he knows that Jungkook's throwing up not too far away while Jimin probably hasn't moved a muscle. A quick look confirms that the young dancer hasn't moved from where he hit him and Hobi wonders if he's aware at all that Taehyung isn't in the water anymore. He turns back around when he feels a hand grabbing his arm in return.

"You did. You found him."

The ride to the hospital is messy, disorganised and it all passes in blurr. A part of him remembers Seokjin shouting out in joy and Namjoon throwing his phone in the distance because he couldn't contain his relief. Taehyung is out of the water and he's alive -except he doesn't wake up. They expect him to cough up water and start talking like they do in the movies but he doesn't and they have to turn him on his side so that he doesn't choke. Jungkook, Yoongi and Hoseok are still sitting in their respective spots and they don't have the mental or physical strength to get any closer. When the paramedics arrive and take over, they keep saying that they're losing him and it just doesn't seem to make sense because Taehyung was ok not a minute ago.

"His O2 levels are too low!"

"He's seizing!" they say.

What does that even mean? He doesn't know who called their manager or when he was called, but a car is waiting for them and shows up a little after the ambulance does. Blankets are wrapped around them. They're offered water. Someone is packing all of their belongings. Another person is making phone calls, without a doubt warning the local hospital that a celebrity -7 idols, are about to be brought in. Hobi is too tired to care about the media but he hears Namjoon voice his worries. Then Taehyung is taken away from them and he has to watch the ambulance drive away. None of them are allowed to accompany him and he feels helpless.