❗️1.22❗️

"I want you, too," I breathed

"Good."

Matthew's hands traced a delicate line on my face, dipping low into the column of my throat until it reached the barrier of my top over the swell of my breasts through the same blue shirt I'd been wearing the night of our first kiss in a crowded nightclub.

My blood heated, singeing on the pure lust dripping from Matthew's skin, as I leaned into the touch and my head lolled back of its own accord.

"Matthew," I whispered, his name a reverent worship falling from parted, panting lips as I tugged my heavy lidded eyes to where I would kneel before him and sing his praises like a priestess in the dais of his church.

Hands roaming slowly and adoringly across my curves, the look on his face sin in its own right, my mind warred with the control that I knew I needed to latch back onto before things went out of control, but I couldn't help my damned self.

His heated skin caressed mine, and I allowed him this drink of me, this teasing, punishing push and pull that only abated when I placed my hands on the side of his stubble lined face and crashed my lips against his.

It was all want, all need, all everything I had waited for and more, something transformative as a butterfly in its chrysalis.

What were hours, minutes, seconds, if they weren't being spent with him like a currency I didn't think would ever run out?

Strands of my hair were tangled up in his hair, his fingernails scraping against my scalp as he pulled and pulled and pulled until I was on the edge of the countertop, stocking clad legs wrapped around his waist, heels locked and tugging him impossibly closer to me.

There wasn't an inch between us, our clothes the only barrier, and I wished for them to be gone, to feel his bare skin on my own.

But then I remembered Matthew's wishes from earlier. He hadn't wanted to do that, had been adamant about it.

I wrenched myself out of his grip and rested my forehead against his once more, our breathing erratic and painful as I realized that this was most likely all we'd be doing tonight.

"What's wrong?"

His voice gravelly from the emotion and desire clouding him, I gingerly unwrapped my legs from around his waist.

"You said...you didn't want to do anything like that tonight. I didn't want to come in here and make you do something you didn't want to."

"Els..." he trailed off, face turning pained and embattled with the different in him emotions clearly warring for dominance on his face.

"I didn't want to make you think that I was only here for...that."

"I know you're not only here for that, baby, especially with what we just talked about. I'm just doing whatever feels right between us. We can stop now if that's what you want, but...I've never wanted anyone more than I do with you right now."