Timeout - Matthew

I couldn't get the image out of my head. 

Elodie, face scrunched up in an orgasm that had her writhing beneath me and begging me not to stop, actually fucking begging me- god it was the best image to have in my mind.

But it was definitely not a great image to have in my head sitting next to her sister-in-law/adoptive mother while riding in the car with her taking her to move into her school. 

I'd had to adjust myself quite a few times discreetly in the driver's seat while Elodie sat passenger beside me and V sat in the back with her three year old, but considering Evie's tendency to scream intermittently more like a baby than a toddler, it was easy to wash the image out of my mind and focus on the road. 

Finally, like a damn blessing from the man upstairs himself, the school appeared on the horizon, all red brick and full academia.  It would be hard to think about Elodie being so far away from me, but there was nothing wrong with phone sex...

I had no idea where my brashness had come from the night before, but when I'd picked her up the night before in the rideshare, there was a tension flicking between us that was hard to ignore.  It was impossible to ignore, actually, no matter how hard I'd tried. 

And damn, did I fucking try. 

In the end, all logic lost and it was all I could do to keep from taking her right then and there in the parking garage elevator. 

"We're here!  Oh wow, El, this place looks gorgeous!"

V's enthusiasm was drowned out by the silence from the girl beside me, lost in contemplative quietness.  She'd been distant the entire car ride, and while I'd been imagining the thirty different positions we could've tried in the short car ride (if we'd been alone, that is), she was most likely ruminating over the fact that her grandfather was sick and her father was trying to get in contact with her. 

There were clearly things that she didn't want me knowing, things that she had decided to keep between her and her family, but I could tell that it was eating away at her as she'd hardly spoken two words to V or Evie the whole ride, only sharing blushing and shy looks with me when she normally would've been on her phone and paying more attention to social media than the passing scenery. 

"Yeah," came her noncommittal response, and more than anything, I wanted to stay long after V and Evie went home to make sure she really was alright, but that would mean V and Evie would have to drive back alone, and Eli would kill me if I let them do that. 

"Is Phoebe here already?"

"Yeah, I'm meeting up with ehr in the dorms to see if we're getting similar room assignments."

"Oh, how perfect would it be if you two were roommates?"

Evie began clapping her hands happily to a Baby Shark song that started playing on her toy and sang along to the words at the top of her lungs.