1.21

My fists were bloody by the time I was finished at Leila's studio and were wrapped in white bandages by the time I placed them on the steering wheel to drive myself back to my dorm

Taryn wasn't there when I got in, so I was thankful I didn't have to face her after what had happened, two major press scandals occurring within the exact same day. 

I didn't know if I had the stomach for classes the next day. 

So when the time came for those classes, I stayed in bed. 

I didn't get up to eat breakfast or lunch. 

I slept until I couldn't sleep anymore, the headache and nausea from oversleeping weighing so heavily on me that my legs refused to move themselves from the bed. 

I didn't answer my phone, not for my best friends, my family, or my friends-with-benefits rebound sort-of-boyfriend who was clearly concerned about me. 

He only started calling and texting when he'd heard from V and Eli that I hadn't been responding to them. 

That was when the knocking on the door began. 

Phoebe was begging me to let her in, so I called out to her to leave me alone, just so she'd be able to tell everyone else that at least I was still alive. 

"I need a mental health day.  I'm not talking to anyone, and I'm not leaving this bed."

She huffed audibly through the door but conceded to my wishes anyway. 

I wished she hadn't, but it was definitely a good thing she didn't question me. 

It was most definitely not a 'mental health' day. 

After four o'clock, however, I got up. 

I took a shower. 

I washed my hair. 

I shaved my legs.

I used that new body scrub I loved. 

I used a face mask. 

I dried off and put on nail polish. 

I used a special cream moisturizer on my skin until I was glowing. 

I applied makeup for the first time since the photoshoot/interview. 

I artfully applied mascara and bronzer and illuminating powder and shiny lip tint and glittery eye shadow and sprayed myself with a glowing spritz until I was a walking glow advertisement. 

I lathered my body in sweet smelling lotion and topped it off with the matching perfume. 

I oiled up my legs and my chest until they, too, glowed and were as smooth as a newborn baby's skin. 

I indulged in my self care routine until there was nothing left to do with my hands, until I was completely and totally distracted-out. 

I had nothing left to do but pick out an outfit.