27

Zoey Nyssa

I woke up the next morning to the water shutting off in the bathroom and Cyrus walking out in a pair of jeans shortly after. I rolled over and grabbed his shirt I was wearing as pajamas and slid it on before sitting up. He looked over at me and smiled.

    "What was that about not challenging you?" He said smirking as he walked over to me.

    "Oh shut up," I laughed as he placed a kiss on my lips.

    "I'll be in the kitchen whenever you're ready. I'll save you some coffee."

    "Thank you," I smiled.

He returned my smile and placed a kiss on my forehead before turning to leave the room. As soon as his lips touched my forehead I could tell something was off. The heat that I normally felt with the bond seemed to be amplified. It wasn't painful, it just caught me off guard and when he left the room it felt as though he had been away from me for days. This lasted for several minutes then faded leaving me confused. I quickly shook off those thoughts and got out of bed and dressed. I walked into the bathroom to fix my hair and when I looked in the mirror I saw the amber color of my wolf in my eyes.

    What the hell?

I blinked a few times causing them to fade. I stood there for a moment looking at my reflection.

Care to explain? There was no response.

    Great thanks for the help. I sighed before running a brush through my hair and headed to the kitchen.

Once I got there I saw Cyrus sitting near the corner with Isaac and the rest of our group and Selina. A smile grew on my face when I saw Isaac and Cyrus laughing together again. As I got closer to the table I noticed that feeling coming back, the feeling like Cyrus had been gone for weeks. As I got closer it almost got stronger. He looked up at me and when his eyes met mine the feeling was gone. I stood there confused until Cedar's voice broke my train of thought.

    "Damn Zoey, you look like you've seen a ghost," he laughed.

I shot him a smirk and walked over to Cyrus. He gave me a warm smile and handed me a mug with coffee in it.

    "Thank you," I smiled as he placed a kiss on my forehead.

    "Have you guys met Alana and Alex's son yet?" Braylin said, sitting down next to Waya. Cyrus shook his head.

    "They had a boy? Oh, that's so sweet," I beamed, turning to Cyrus.

He shrugged. "I was waiting for you to go meet him," he laughed.

    "He looks like Alex, but I can tell he'll be just like Alana," Braylin said, taking a piece of bacon off Waya's plate.

    "If he's anything like Alana, he'll be great at everything," Cedar laughed.

    "Easy now," Cyrus said, chuckling slightly. "He's a day old, let's not go planning his entire life for him. If he's a wolf then he will decide when he's ready what he wants to do."

    "Aren't Alana and Alex both wolves though? Wouldn't he be a wolf because of that?" I asked turning to him again.

    "Normally yes, but as we know nothing is impossible," he shrugged. "Do you want to go meet him?"

I nodded quickly. "Obviously," I laughed, "but I need to talk to you about something too."

He gave me another smile before taking my hand and leading me away from the table.