6

Isaac Kato

As I shut the door to my room behind me I struggled to keep my cool. My wolf pounded against my skull as I made my way back down the hallway towards Cyrus' room. Once I reached his door my hand found the doorknob and opened the door without knocking. I don't know what I was expecting, maybe for him not to be here since it was still early on in the night but to my surprise he was sitting at his desk, his face buried in his laptop.

"What happened to knocking Isaac?" He said not looking at me.

"You talked to Zoey today?" I asked, my wolf's attitude coating my words.

He looked up at me with a confused look. "Obviously I talked to Zoey today. She was with me when you came into the kitchen, Isaac." He said his face was blank. There was no tone to his words but I could still feel the pull of the alpha defending him in his voice.

"She told me that you told her about this 'special plan' that you have?" I said walking over to the desk.

His eyebrows knitted together. He was acting like he had no idea what I was talking about. This just made me angrier.

"Isaac-" I slammed my hand down on the deck in front of him.

"Stop acting like you have no idea what I'm talking about Cyrus!" I shouted, slamming my hand down on the desk.

He stood up quickly and looked me right in the eyes. A golden smoke swirled around his irises as a low growl came from his throat. "Control your wolf." He snapped at me.

A growl escaped my lips as I felt my wolf pull back a little allowing me to think my next moves through.

"Better?" He said, raising an eyebrow at me. I glared at him. "What's this whole outburst about?" He added, closing his laptop.

"That plan you told Zoey-"

He shrugged. "Yeah? What about it?"

"Cyrus, that wasn't a plan. We were just throwing around ideas I wasn't actually serious about that-"

"I was." He stated walking around to the other side of the desk where I was standing.

I froze. I stared at him with wide eyes.

He sighed. "Look man," he said, sitting back on the desk. "I'm running out of time here. We have to think about a Plan B."

"Cyrus you still have time-"

"I have five months, Isaac. Five. I don't have the slightest pull of a connection to anyone on the reserve or not. If I haven't had one by now-"

"Stop doing that," I snapped, starting to get angry again.

"Doing what?"

"Acting like you're giving up!" I was yelling now.

"The Cyrus that I know, the one who took me in after I left my family, would not stop looking until he found his mate-"

"I'm looking- I have been looking!" He shouted back at me. "For my entire life since I took this pack I have been looking so don't give me that crap. They just don't exist!"