Chapter 116 - Yearning

Disclaimer: A filler one.. Manichu🙏🏻

---

Shalini stood leaning on the kitchen counter while being in her own thoughts. It has been 2 days since Nithi confronted her and left but still knew she had not called her or even texted. Shalini also did not want to do it as Nithi requested to wait until she herself came back to her. But these two days were like two decades with Nithi being disappointed with her and the only thing she wished for Nithi to come back to her soon.

Kala ma: Shalini entha ulagathula iruka?

She yelled bringing back Shalini out of her thoughts. She turned to find the milk that was about to spill out of the vessel if Kala ma had turned the stove off.

Shalini: sorry ma sorry..

Kala ma: ena nenapula iruka.. Paal  pongarathu kuda theriyama?

Shalini: gavanikala ma..

Kala ma: nala gavanikala.. Paal kachitu va nu sona Inga vedika pathutu nikara.. Mela aadvik aluthutu irukan..

Shalini: ayoo ayoo sorry sorry Itho poran..

She panicked and was about to touch the milk vessel in bare hands. Just in time Kala ma yelled and got hold of her hands.

Kala ma: enna di panra.. Arivu iruka..

Shalini: illa ma etho.. 

Kala sighed: ena aachu?

Shalini: Illa ma Nithi pesava illa ma athan..

Kala: ithuka ipdi iruka.. Avala pathi unaku theriya tha.. 2 naal pesama irupa 3 naal shalu ma unkita tha vara pora apram ethuku ivalo yosikara..

Shalini: theriyum ma.. Irunthalum kastam ah iruku..

Kala ma: athu Ella onu illa ava pesuva.. Ni ethuvum yoshikama poi thoongu po..

Shalini hummed and filled the warm milk in the feeding bottle she left upstairs. Got Aadvik from krithi and settled on the bed cross legged and laid him on her Lap and gave him the feeding bottle. She tapped him to sleep while he was staring at her over the bottle he was holding, making her smile at him.

Shalini: thoongu kutty ma.. 

She said smiling and patted him just when her mobile beeped with a message. 

She unlocked it and found Arjun goofy selfies and mokka jokes that he had sent her to make her smile. This has become his routine of two days in a try to make her smile. He made sure to do some buffon stuff at the office to make her smile and these when she was at home. Shalini was grinning at his goofing selfies making the little one at her lap blink at her. Shalini chuckled at the little one's expression and looked around the room once checking for the presence of anyone.

Shalini: ena da intha athai Lusu Mari sirikaranu pakaraya?  

The little one who was already half asleep nodded in response as his mouth was busy feeding himself. 

Shalini: Ella Un mama panra vela tha Inga paru… She showed him the pictures making the little one giggle looking at Arjun's expression in the pictures.

Shalini: pathaiya unaka siripu varuthu.. 

The little one giggled once again.

Shalini: pothum pothum nee thoongu..

She again patted him and stared at him slowly drifting to sleep. Looking at him sleeping on her lap she was reminded of Appu's babyhood. Her mind flashing the same scene that got registered years back bringing a wide smile on her face.