Chapter 45 - Visit to pollachi

After that day Shalini behaved friendly with him, with all love towards him it was really difficult to act like a friend to him. Even though it was difficult she decided to not to hurt him instead she chose to hurt herself. And that’s what most people do while in love. 

Arjun was happy with her behavior.  He was getting irritated whenever she spoke about he mithun and karthi but did not show it to her. He was also confused with his feelings for her after everything Prakash spoke to him. His mind told he was just seeing her as a friend and everything he did was just out of guilt and gratitude but his heart told it's more than friendship and that’s why he did everything. But Arjun being Arjun decided to go by his mind.

Prakask took all efforts to make Arjun realize his feeling for shalini whenever he got a chance in the past one week but Arjun was not ready to pay heed to his words. Prakash left him in loose thinking he would make him realize his feelings when they visit pollachi for diwali.

--

It was the day that they were leaving for pollachi. Jaya , Vishwa and sruthi told them they will home there later as they had sruthi’s checkup. So Arjun, Shalini, Prakash and Saranya were leaving today by Prakash's car as Shalini’s family had left the day before.

Arjun was checking their packed bags while Shalini was getting ready.  They heard a door knock and saw Prakash and Saranya at the door frame and welcomed them.

Saranya: ena shalini ready ya ?

Shalini: ah ready Anni oru 5 minutes..

Saranya: ok da.

Shalini: Ah Anni apram.. Before she could complete her phone started ringing on the bed...Arjun antha phone konja eduthu yarunu parunga

Arjun: ah ok …

“Karthi calling,”   he murmured.

Shalini: yaru Arjun?

Arjun:  karthi nu iruku.. He said with an annoyed face.

Prakash MV: Ada nama helper.. Correct time la tha call panraru.. Paiyan epdi react panranu papom

Shalini: Avana.. Please athu konja attend pani loudspeaker la podaringala.. Na hair set panitu irukan

Arjun nodded and put the call on speaker.

Karthi: ena madam romba busy pola one week ah call va kano

Shalini: yen nanga la tha pananumo niga pana matingalo?

Karthi: ipa na thana pana?

Shalini: Niya pananu tha na panala..

Karthi: Amma thaaye unkita pesi enala jeka mudiyathu aala vidu.

Shalini giggled. Arjun did not like that she was more comfortable with him but he has no other option; he stood holding the phone. 

Shalini: apdi va valiku… Ama ethuku call pana..

And she finished setting her hair took her mobile from him and moved to bed and Arjun stood there watching her but the phone was still In loudspeaker.

Karthi: Suma tha uruku poga readya?

Shalini: entha uruku?

Karthi: entha uruka va.. Yen dii oru 6,7 masam pogalana thatha veetu ella maranthuruma ena?

Arjun fisted his palms when Karthi mentioned her as di which was only noted by prakash.

Shalini: oh athuva va.. Nan intha thadava pogala Karthi.. She said, making the others in the room confused.