Endless Spring Day

3 years later

As they sat outside of their little apartment in Australia, Clover realised that this is what she's always dreamed of. She snuggled up to Wren who was smoking a cigarette and reading one of her new books. She would catch a glimpse of Wren's new tattoos poking out of her sleeves, thinking about the meaning and how incredibly sexy she looks with them.

Clover was taking in Wren's scent as she felt more content then she ever did in her entire life. The pure fate that led up to this single moment was cherish by both girls and forever had a special place in Clover's heart.

They moved to Australia about 2 years ago after living in France for a while. They both wanted something different and with Wren's unrecognisable urge to move back home, they decided on leaving for Australia. It was only meant to be a year but they both fell in love with the town, so Wren offered the idea of officially moving.

Clover loved seeing where Wren grew up and all the culture Australia has to offer. They currently live in a one bedroom apartment in Newcastle, overlooking the beach and often visit Wrens family in Queensland. Clover's parents would FaceTime her whenever they had the chance and this would come along with various amounts of technical difficulties.

Two years after they settled in Newcastle, Clover and Wren decided to open up their own business, it was called 'Wildflower Bakery' which specialised in pastries, baked goods and floral arrangements via Clover. Their business was well known throughout the area and gained a lot of popularity through the years.

They spend most of their days either working at the shop or exploring the area. Since they live close to the beach, most of their days off will consist of walking along the shoreline and collecting shells while with other one swims or looks at the rock pools.

As they sat outside, Wren started thinking about their future, they recently adopted their black cat, Tofu and found themselves talking about getting more in the future. As Wren finished her cigarette and went inside she looked back at Clover and couldn't believe how that interaction in the café led to this.

She went into their room and grabbed the small velvet green box that was shoved into her nightstand, it was a miracle Clover hasn't found it yet. She opened it up and saw the vintage gold oval shaped diamond ring she found six months ago, she couldn't wait until tonight. She wanted to get Clover's parent's permission as she was old fashioned when it came to this stuff and despite her dad's previous actions towards Clover, they happily agreed and couldn't wait for their future together.

As dinner approached, Wren was getting more nervous by the second. Clover kept on giving her looks as to say 'what the fuck are you doing'. She has the ring box stuffed in her pocket, hoping that it wouldn't fall out or that Clover wouldn't feel it when she hugged her.

She decided to crack open a bottle of whiskey to make old fashioned's, gifted to them by Vivi when their store first opened. As both dinner and the drinks were ready and bring brought to the table Wren was shitting bricks. She decided on doing it after dinner incase it got disregarded in the heat of the moment.

As she took one last gulp of her drink, got up from her chair and slowly made her way into one knee, Clover being absolutely caught off guard, dropped her fork and covered her mouth in disbelief.

"Clover Augustine Lafleur, you have made my life an absolute dream. Everyday I go to sleep with you in my arms and wake up to you with coffee in yours. I can't believe that a $10 note began our relationship and I couldn't imagine it with anyone else. The emotions I experience with you are otherworldly and I fell for you the first time you slept at my house and I continue to fall for you everyday." She let out a shaky breath. "There will never be a time where I won't love you, it feels like an endless spring day with you and I want more, so on that note. Will you marry me?" She pulled out the box and opened it, tears immediately filling Clover's eyes as she took in the ring.

"Yes, of course I will." She said while Wren slipped the ring on her finger, fitting perfectly like it was made for her. Wren lovingly scooped her up into a passionate kiss, the never fading feeling of butterflies and overall serenity they shared. After the moment they shared, Clover took in the details of the ring, it was everything she wanted down to a T and she wondered how nervous Wren must have been this whole day.

They spent the rest of the night together, huddled up watching movies, talking about their wedding and sharing the bottle of champagne Wren had tucked away in the fridge. Tofu was by their side, seeking attention by curling up on one of the girls' lap and meowing to be patted. Every so often Clover would look down and admire the ring, gleaming from the reflection of the TV and feel so content with how everything ended up.

A/N - That's it guys!! Thanks for reading!  As of now there probably won't be any bonus chapters but keep an eye out for the future. I also will be editing some chapter as soon as this is finished.