And Then She Kissed Me

After Clover left the apartment, Wren couldn't contain her excitement. She was jumping up and down, probably pissing off her neighbours underneath.

It took awhile for her to calm down and actually process that Clover asked her out. She rang her sister and filled her in about everything that's happened over the past couple of days. After explaining everything, she got an earful from Vivi about not letting her know as soon as it happened.

She looked over at the jean jacket sitting on the table and instantly thought about Clover. Her perfume was lingering in the air which made Wren yearn for her warmth again.

As she climbed into her bed, she recounted the day and how safe and connected she felt with Clover. The faint smell of her on the sheets and the moment they shared last night was floating around her head. She wished that Clover could've stayed and being with her felt like a cup of coffee first thing in the morning.

Wren wondered if Clover felt the same way she did.

• • •

It was officially the day of the date. Wren was jittery the whole day at work and kept on looking at the time so she could bolt out the second it turned 4.

The clock strike 4 and she ran to her car, in the span of an hour she arrived home, got undressed and dressed and felt like she was gonna throw up. She had no idea where they were going but Clover said to wear something warm yet nice, Wren had no idea what that meant but put on some jeans, a nice shirt and of course her trusty jean jacket.

Her doorbell rang indicating that Clover was here. She took a breath and walked to the door, once she opened it, her stomach dropped. Clover was wearing black jeans and a tan coat with her hair pulled back out of her face but leaving some strands out. She instantly thought about how much she wants to take her right then.

"Hey are you ready?" Wren snapped out of her daydream and nodded, still unable to look at
Clover in fear of melting in cuteness.

As they walked down the street, Clover intertwined her gloveless hand with Wren's, taking it into her pocket for warmth. Wren wondered where they were going as Clover only told her it's a surprise.

"Can you please tell me where we're going." Wren pleaded.

Clover shook her head and continued walking. They soon stood outside an ice skating rink, Clover looking over to Wren to see her reaction. Of course Wren is in shock because she's actually only been skating once before and she absolutely sucked ass.

"I haven't been ice skating in a while." She said with a sheepish smile.

"Oh that's fine, i'll teach you." Clover said while bumping her with her shoulder.

They walked in and get the skates. After a painful 10 minutes of trying to tie her laces, Clover steps in and does it ever so quickly. They both start walking into the rink, Wren's shaky legs behind Clovers.

Clover stepped onto the ice and glided like she was born for it, Wren on the other hand was gripping the sides, praying to god that she won't fall. As Clover came up beside Wren, she held her hand out in hopes she would take it. Wren took her hand and held onto it for dear life, this made Clover laugh and she could've sworn that it would make the angels cry, it's was hypnotising.

She reluctantly got off the side with Clovers help and started to glide her feet per Clovers instructions.

"Have you got it now?" She said while looking at Wren.

"I think but don't you dare let go, i'll kill you if you do." She said while still grasping Clovers arm.

"I won't I promise."

They continued to skate around the rink, Wrens confidence was building up but that all changed once she was headed for a group of people and couldn't stop.

Clover pulled her back which ended up making her fall with Wren landing on top of her. They both groaned on impact and their cheeks grew red based on how close they were. Wren bit her lip and gazed into Clover's eyes, in that second she leaned up and placed a soft kiss on Wrens lips. She instantly melted into it and it felt like they were the only people there.

They parted and got back up feeling dazed, both their faces flushed and eyes dilated. They got off the ice and returned their skates.

"That was actually really fun, thank you." She said while putting her beanie back on.

"Yea it was, especially when you fell." Both girls blushed at this comment while laughing lightly.

"I really like hanging out with you." She said while facing Clover.

"So do I." Clover felt her face get even more hotter and the anxiety in her stomach came in rushing waves.

They walked around the street for a while until Clover had to go back home. It was at this moment that Wren knew she was falling harder for Clover than anyone else she's ever been with.