Flour and Plants

After putting countless applications for both jobs and apartments, Wren finally got an interview and an approval. She moved out of the hostel and started to make her way to the apartment, it was just outside Manhattan.

As she came to the front of the apartment complex, it dawned on her that she quite possibly could be here for the rest of life. She made her way up, it's was a quaint one bedroom apartment with a balcony overlooking the city.

She decided it was time to go out and get some furniture and decor. When she was walking, she spotted some used couches, coffee tables and a very nice bookcase. She got one of the persons selling to help her take it to her building.

With the new furniture, she started online shopping for other appliances and got next day shipping. The lack of food and adequate bedding she decided on ordering in and opened her laptop to watch a movie.

The morning after she brought the newly delivered furniture and other appliances in then went out to buy some other decor. She remembered that Clover said she worked at a nursery tucked away somewhere close to her apartment, so naturally she had to check it out.

As she was walking she came across a plant shop called 'Lafleur's Flowers' and instantly knew that it was Clovers. The shop had an assortment of plants and flower, both dried and not.

She walked around the shop in hopes of maybe seeing Clover but didn't, she bought some plants and made her way to the café for some lunch. The smells of coffee surrounded her and she sat down and started preparing for her interview later today

• • •

As she was getting ready for the interview, she thought about the how much she hated her job back in Australia, it was such a a toxic environment and she was barely getting paid. Wren decided to wear black slacks and a sage green blouse, along with styling her honey blonde hair in a low bun.

The interview went well and would know later tomorrow if she was successful or not. Her mind wandered and ended up thinking about the date on Friday and how she learnt that Clover was French, I mean it was apparent due to the last name but still. She hoped to see her again soon.

The buzzing of her phone woke her up for the daydream and her mums name was flashing on the screen.

"Wren, how you going, is New York good? We're still mad that you didn't tell us until a couple of days ago and that your sister knew before us".

"I know mum, i'm sorry. It's going well, I got an apartment and had a job interview today." She said while walking over to the window and taking in the light snow fall.

"That's great, you better visit us soon though. I'll talk to you later, love you".

Wren muttered a quick goodbye as well and started to write down new recipes. She always knew she'd be a pastry chef, the feeling of being able to create amazing food and let people enjoy your creations made her have a sense of fulfilment.

With all the need test record written out, she drew a bath, lit some candle and incense and out some music on. The image of Clover wearing her jacket came back to her and a smile crept up on her face.

She looked at her legs which had various tattoos trailing down. One of her recents ones she got before she came to NY was peeking through the bubbles, it was a ghost looking through a window on the side of her calf. She thought about getting another one soon.

Her phone started ringing once again, and as she answered in her 'professional' voice once she realised it was the bakery. They informed her that she got to job and we set to start the next day. After silently squealing and fist pumping she said a quick thank you and hung up.

"I have a job!" she said to herself, full of glee.

This called for a celebration, Wren got dressed and left her apartment to walk to the nearest bar. She ordered a rum and coke and some food.

She felt a light tap on her shoulder, turning her head to see who it was, she was surprised when she saw Clover standing there. She had Black jeans and a white t shirt on, which even though basic looked amazing on her. She also noticed the jacket she lent her on the date.

"What are you doing here?" She said through the loud-ish music.

"i'm celebrating, I got a job today. I see that you've taken a liking to my jacket". Wren simply said.

As soon as Clover realised this, she went to take it off, but Wren declined it letting her know to give it back to her whenever they see each other next.

"Well in that case, can I buy you a celebratory drink then?" Clover said while tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear, blushing slightly.

"Only if you want to".

They spent the next couple of hours talking about their lives and hometowns as well as cracking a few bad jokes. Every so often one of the girls would slightly brush against one's arm or hand.