Snow Day

A/N — this one's a long one, enjoy!!

Since it was the middle of winter, the snow has gotten increasingly worse over the past couple of days and Wren is sick of being cooped up in her apartment. There's more decor in it now, with plants scattered around the apartment, a myriad of candles and some more furniture and rugs.

Wren sat on the lounge and watched the snow cascading down onto the city and that's when she decided to see what Clover was doing.

Hey, are you doing anything right now?

She instantly got a text back

I've just finished work, why?

Would you like to come over, I know that you work close by and I have a ton of pastries from work and I can't eat them all lol.

Id love to, i'll probably be there in 10 minutes, see you soon!

As soon as she got that text, it was in that moment that she realised that her apartment was an absolute mess. She hurriedly chucked all the trash in the bin, made her bed and tidied the whole place up. She put some soft background music on and anxiously waited for Clovers arrival.

With a knock on the door, she flew off her lounge and opened it, Clover was standing there with a large coat on and jeans. She noticed the jean jacket in her arms from the previous date. Clover took in the apartment and saw how cosy it looks, her eyes panned over to the pastries siting on the counter with some plates and glasses.

"I love your apartment, it's very cosy and it suits you". she said while taking her coat off and hanging it on one of the chairs.

"Thanks, I loved your store by the way. That's where I got the majority of my plants, I didn't see you there though".

"Ah, I was probably on my lunch break, how are you liking your new job?"

"I love it, I work at this little bakery on 78th street about 20 minutes away".

"I'll have to visit sometime soon then".

She nodded her head and laughed. They talked and ate the pastries, which Clover could've sworn were the best she's ever had. They soon migrated to the lounge and curled with a cup of hot chocolate.

"You're french right". Wren said as she shifted closer to her.

"Oh yea, we moved here when I was a child. We used to live just outside of Provence. From what I remember it was such a pretty place."

"That sounds amazing."

"It was, i'll probably end up visiting sometime soon".

As the girls watched the snow fall outside, Wren got an email on her phone which warned her of the massive amount of snow that was forecast for later today.

"Hey I just check the forecast and apparently there's going to be a shit ton of snow, like almost blizzard weather, would you like to stay over so you don't get caught in it?"

"Yea I guess, just let me text my roommate". Clover was trying so hard to contain the excitement that was coursing through her body.

Later in the night, Wren ended up cooking some dinner while Clover was in control of the music. They often caught one another dancing or bobbing their head which ended up with one of them being embarrassed or laughing.

Once the sun set, both the girls decided on changing into their pyjamas, Wren led her to her room and picked out some clothes that would fit her.

Clover took in her room, there were a couple of movies and nature posters around the walls, as well as candles and plants. She had a desk tucked into the corner of her room and her bed was against the wall. Wren handed her some pyjamas and proceeded to get changed with her back facing Clover, her cheeks grew hot thinking about all the possibilities that could happen tonight.