Jean Jacket

After a full week of being in New York, Wren was becoming adjusted to the art of tipping and the subway system. The hostel has been extremely busy and the thought of getting her own apartment is becoming more enticing everyday.

Clover and Wren have been texting even since that day in the café. She always blushes every time her phones goes off and always checks it first thing in my morning incase Clover said good night after she went to sleep.

Her phone started furiously buzzing on her night stand, she picked it up in hopes it would be Clover but it turned out to be Vivi. She answered the Facetime and was hit with a million questions a minute.

"So how are you liking New York, have you met anyone yet?" She said while raising her eyebrows, earning a laugh from Wren.

"It's amazing, there's so many café and I walk everywhere which is a bonus considering all the junk I've eaten over the past week. You'd love the cute park a couple of blocks away from me and I currently have a roommate, she's from California."

"Oh wow, I'll definitely have to visit you sometime. Have you gone on any dates yet?"

"Jeez Vi, I've only been here a week, but I did meet someone at a cafe earlier this week, I got her phone number!" Vivi's mouth was agape like a fish.

"You what! Oh my God, you're not going to die alone, finally!" The squealing coming from her mouth was almost deafening, Wren had to take her earphones out in order to protect her ears.

"Jesus, I haven't even been on a date with her yet, chill out weirdo".

"Um you better text her right now or i'll punch you through the screen".

"Ok fine, i'll do it." As she opened the messaging app and typed out a quick:

Hey, I was wondering if you were free on Friday  night, I found a cute little bar near my Hostel, if you're down for it.

"I did it, i'll read it to you".

After doing so, Viv proceeded to roast her for the way she asked Clover out and said she would kill me if she was here.

• • •

Holy shit was the first thing that came out of Clovers mouth when reading the message

She reread the message about 5 times before she realised it was real. She still couldn't believe that Wren asked her out. It was Friday tomorrow and she has no idea what to wear.

She kept on repeating the day she saw Wren in the line at the coffee shop, her tattoo arms and honey blonde hair gleaming in the sun beams and the septum ring she had pierced through her nose. Just the thought of it made her blush like crazy.

She sent a text back letting Wren know that she's down and excited for it. She let out a breathe she didn't even know she was holding. A moment later her phone was buzzing with a call from her mom.

"Hi honey, how are you?" Her mom said with wisps of her french accent swimming in and out.

"I'm going well, the plant shop is doing really well, I had a meeting with the finance guys and everything's going well or far".

"That's good, have you met anyone yet, you know the Carters kid, Theo, he's a nice boy".

"Mom, I don't need help with dating, i'm perfectly find on my own".

"Okay, if you say so, look I have to go but i'll call you again soon okay. Love you".

She hung up the phone and took a breath, she's wasn't out to her parents yet, even though she knows that they'll support her she's still scared. Her mind wander back to the date on Friday and she started formulating outfits to wear and searching up the menu beforehand.

• • •

Friday rolled around and Wren was nervous as hell, she spent the afternoon making sure the bar was open and double checking the directions. It wasn't a fancy place but she wanted to make sure everything was perfect.

She proceeded to put her outfit on which consisted of jeans, a random band shirt she found at one of the op shops and a jean jacket. She stopped in front of the mirror to make sure everything looked good and headed off to the bar.

As she went to sit down and wait for Clover to arrive she looked at everyone and started making up stories in her head about their lives. A small tap on her shoulder startled her and brought her back to reality.

"Hi" Clover said with a slight shakiness and smile. She looked amazing, she was wearing jeans with a slight cropped top.

"Hi, did you find it okay". She nodded her head and they ordered drinks and sub par bar food.

They talked about their careers and how each were surprised to learn that they did 'uncommon' jobs. As the night progressed they decided on walking to get some coffee and talk some more.

Wren noticed that Clover began to form goosebumps on her skin, so she quietly peeled off her jacket and gave it to Clover.

Clover was instantly engulfed with the residue warmth of Wren. She turned to face her and noticed the tattoos cascading up and down her arms, she made a mental note to ask about some of them later on.

"Are you cold" She asked Wren when she noticed the beginning of goosebumps on her arms.

"No i'm good for now, it's not really that cold just yet anyway".

Oh god that accent. She thought while Wrens smell was dancing around her nose. Engulfing her in the scent of the woods.

They stopped at a small coffee cart near Wrens Hostel and talked until they finished their coffees. Clovers hair was falling in her face and without a second thought Wren reached out and  tucked a stray behind her ears which sent both girls into a panic. At this point in time it felt like they were the only people on this street.

"I really enjoyed tonight". Clover said, breaking the trance Wren was in and making her feel slightly embarrassed.

"So did I".

Wren then leaned in and have a small kiss on Clovers cheek in which made her blush crimson red.

"Goodnight Clover".

"Bonne nuit". She answered back and internally squealed.