Ej doesn't say anything, he just looks at the college board in the classroom. After awhile Gina is able to put two and two together.

Gina: Wait is this about college? Did you...not get into Duke?

Ej still doesn't say anything, he just looks down at his lap.

Gina: Ej...I'm so sorry. Does anyone else know?

Ej: No they don't. Well actually I ended up blurting it out to Nini as she was leaving. She tried to give me advice but when I asked her to explain it, Ms. Jenn had called her and they both had to leave.

Gina: What did she try to tell you?

Ej: She tried to tell me that sometimes dream schools are a little overrated. And then she told me to trust the outcome.

Gina: She's right, I mean things happen for a reason even when we don't...understand them...Did you get into anything else?

Ej: One state school and I'm happy but how am I supposed to tell my dad that I didn't get into the school everyone in my family went to? I hate having all these high expectations, I thought I enjoyed being at top but it's stressful.

Gina: I know that feeling, my mom always told me that if I can't be number one at something then it's not worth trying. She doesn't know this but hearing that always put a lot of pressure on me, even when I was young.

Ej: She engraved this into your head that early?

Gina: Yeah I know right. It was a lot to deal with growing up. When did your expectations get put on you?

Ej: Right when I was going into high school. My dad told me our Duke history the summer going into ninth grade. Let's just say...I couldn't have a lot of fun that summer. From there it's been expectations after expectations and I could never fully enjoy anything. Really my only escape from all of that was...you guys, the theatre geeks *he laughs*.

Gina: Does your dad come to these things?

Ej: Oh yeah all the time. He sees it as another thing to add to my list of endless clubs and activities so yeah. He enjoys it, so he says.

Gina: Well you did make an interesting temporary Troy last semester *she laughs*.

Ej: You think? I heard I was nightmare fuel for some people when it came to that Troy costume *he smirks.

Gina: *acting shocked* where on Earth did you hear that from *she laughs*?

Ej: Things get around...I know it was you but that's okay cause I did get a good laugh out of that.

Gina: Well at the end of the day...it was still really sweet what you did for Nini and Ricky. The connection those two have was perfect for that song and overall performance. They are perfect for each other...

Ej: I was hoping I was doing something right for once and considering how the rest of the night went, I say I did well.

Gina: You did a lot of good things that night Ej. You brought this dancer back on stage for her trayography when you really didn't need to do that.