Pagal to ye kar rahi hai mujhe!

Start from the beginning

"It is cold outside. Now, you shouldn't fall sick." I said wrapping the stole around her neck.

And she just stood there looking at me with a smile.

"Now who is staring?" I asked and she chuckled.

Khadus jyaada hi hasne lagi hai aajkal.

"What? It is difficult to not smile when you do something like this." She said trying to hide her smile.

I also made her wear the coat and she just stood there smiling.

"Mom will come up after some time and If I hear that you were working then toh you know." She said glaring at me.

"Itni bhi himmat nahi badhi meri ki tumhari na sunu." I said chuckling.

"Take care." She said taking her bag and smiled.

What are these changes Mrs.Dixit?
Take care?
So many smiles?

"Drive safe and come back soon." I said caressing her knuckles.

"Now can I go?" She asked and I nodded looking at her.

"You'll have to leave my hand for that." She said and I hummed.

"Ved, leave my hand." She said and I got out of my daze.

"Ohh yess! Byee." I said leaving her hand.

Aaj kuch to gadbad hai!
Itne pyaar se Ved?
.
.
.
"Mom, I am absolutely fine." I tried to explain her for the nth time now.

"Shut up and drink this soup. You've been coughing and sneezing since morning." Mom said glaring at me.

"Okay." I said rolling my eyes and drinking the soup when Sana entered the room.

"Sana, did you get my choclate pastery?" I asked smiling.

"Yess, I got it. Did you work?" She asked narrowing her eyes at me.

"No, mom is been giving me soo much eat since morning I don't have time only." I said coughing.

"Areee! Aaram se." mom said and gave me water.

"Finish that. I'll come in some time." Mom said and left.

"Did Samar come? Did you guys complete the project? We have to present it tomorrow. Ohh God— She interrupted my ramble by keeping her index finger on my lips.

"Everything is done. Samar has monitored everything." She said and I heaved a sigh of relief.

"I am not used to staying at home that too when something important is going on. So, I just got anxious." I said.

"And your health is not important?" She asked opening the choclate pastery box.

"Honestly, I am just scared what if someday something happens and I am not there all my family will be devastated. I work day & night to make sure that if I am not there they'll have a comfortable lifestyle." I said keeping the soup bowl aside.

She held a spoon before me with pastery in it.
"And you think your money is going to suffice them? It is you they want, Ved. Not your money, not the luxuries you provide." She said feeding me another spoon.

"You work like a robot. You have no schedule of eating. You rest for hardly few hours. Is that not going to affect your health?" She asked and I nodded.

"Kavya once said, A person can survive without anything but not money. You know the day she left me I've been doubling my efforts so that tomorrow no one would question my family. No one would say that they can buy them with a flick of fingers." I said with a dry chuckle.

"She's a bitch. I've been telling you since day one." She said rolling her eyes.

"What is money going to give your family? Will it replace you and your affection? Can it give Ishu her problem solver bhai? Money is important but not more than your own people." She said feeding me another piece.

"What if I lose everything someday? How will you react? What will my family go through?" I asked.

"I've come from zero. It won't affect me if I stay beside you in this huge house or in one room kitchen. And as far as your family is concerned, they love you more than anything." She said and I smiled.

"Seems like I chose the right wife for me." I said laughing and she just rolled her eyes.

"I've got something for you." She said nervously.

"What is it?" I asked.

She moved towards her bag and got a shopping bag and handed it to me.

"What is this?" I asked confused while she stood far away from me.

Why is she soo nervous?

"Open it stupid!" She said glaring at me and I opened it.

I just smiled looking at it and then looked at her with the same smile.

Is she sure she is the same Sana Rai who said I should stop existing?

"This is for the day when you'll get announced as the CEO of Dixit Industries." She said fidgeting with her fingers.

There was a tuxedo in there. A grey one with white shirt and A grey tie.

I never ever imagined that she would do something like this for me!

I know it seems like a small thing that she got me a tux.
But, we are talking about Sana over here.

This is really a big deal!

"Come here." I said softly gesturing her with my index finger.

"Why?" She asked nervously.

"Just come here, Sana." I said and she was walking towards me nervously.

Gosh! She is too cute!

She sat beside me with her head bowed down.

"I know you have a lot of tuxedo's which cost more and maybe you didn't even like it but I just wanted to get something for you and I— She stopped talking when I turned her towards me by holding her shoulders.

I engulfed her in a bone crushing hug.
"I love it. And I am going to wear it." I whispered kissing the side of her head and I could again hear her erratic breathing.

She was too shocked to respond but then she wrapped her hands around my torso.
"You don't have to if you don't like it. I didn't think through but you should wear something which is branded and it would stand out." She said.

"This is branded. Sana has got this for me. There's no brand above your gift." I said tightening my hold on her.

She just smacked my back laughing.
"Asshole! Kuch bhi bolta rehta hai. Pagal." She said laughing.

Pagal to ye kar rahi hai mujhe!