Chapter 13: Moving Ahead

ابدأ من البداية

"They were so behaved and helped me make an apple and banana cake for you to take home," Crystal gave him the cake that was wrapped in aluminum foil.

"Me and Axel took turns pouring stuff in," Elisa explained.

"Really? I bet it tastes amazing," Micah said and put it into the plastic bag, "thanks Mom, we can have this for dessert tonight." He was excited to have this as his mom always made the best cakes.

"I'm glad you like the little surprise." Crystal smiled and rested back on the couch, a sad mellow tone in her voice.

"Hey Mom, you okay?"

"Yeah, just thinking about how all of you used to live here. Sometimes I miss that but I'm glad you're all moved out now," she replied, reminiscing.

"Yeah I know," Micah said, "But I'm sure we drove you insane sometimes."

"That is true." Crystal started laughing. "There's finally some peace and quiet around here."

Micah also laughed as there was a hint of truth to it. Coming back felt so different and he did miss it at times, but not too much. 

He then glanced up at the time and realized it was getting quite late.

"Anyway, I love you mom and I'll see you tomorrow but I have to go now." He got up and gave his mom a tight hug.

"Aw, I love you too Micah." She hugged him back and let him go.

When they got home, Micah unlocked the door and Rio came meowing in between his legs.

"Hey Rio, you hungry?" He asked as he allowed them inside. Rio meowed in response and rubbed his legs while his tail was stuck up. Micah then went into the kitchen and refilled his food and water. He started stroking Rio as he quickly lapped up his food.

He then noticed Axel had his crayons and headed towards the wall while drinking from his sippy cup.

Oh no, oh no, oh no no no...

But before he could react, Axel stopped for a few seconds and turned around to say, "daddy, paper please." he asked innocently.

Oh good, Micah thought and he then had a better idea of something they could do together.

"Elisa and Axel, do you want to do something fun?" Micah turned to them as they waddled over with their cups.

"Like what daddy?" Elisa asked curiously.

"Like this." He went and got some laminated menus out from the cupboard and a pack of stickers.

"Oooh looks fun!" Axel grabbed it and then started shaking it around.

"I want it look pretty!" Elisa grabbed some off and they ran to sit at the table. Micah joined them and they all sorted the menus out. The red theme were the different courses, the blue was for the drinks, and the yellow was desserts.

"What do you think should go on there Elisa and Axel? You're free to choose whichever stickers you like like," he said as he leaned on the table. He wanted this part reserved for his kids because he knew how much they loved playing with sparkly stickers.

"I want tree stickers!" Elisa announced and quickly got them from the pack.

"I want animal," Axel said and took them too.

While they were doing that, Micah got his phone out and started texting Mariana to check up on her.

Micah: Hey my flower, are you okay?