{ 18 }

'No, the pain feels like a bruise.', Jungwoo says and lifts his shirt.

'Oh no...'

Jaehyun looks at the boy's stomach, being a purple-ish color all the way up to under the belly button.

'I-it has spread again.', Jungwoo says fearfully.

'Dammit! What could possibly be the cause of this thing?', Jaehyun says, getting frustrated.

'Could it be... the situation from Lisa and Jennie...', Jungwoo quickly gets interrupted.

'No! Don't even think about that. Ever... I will not let that whole thing repeat itsself.', Jaehyun yells.

'And she only got sick, her body didn't start getting discolored. This is different from back then. I know it is... It has to be...', Jaehyun says, mainly to himself.

'Jae... Did you know what her body looked like? Are you sure she was just sick?', Jungwoo asks.

Jaehyun shakes his head. He doesn't want to admit that he didn't.

'I... I don't know. But Jungwoo. Don't even think about dying anytime soon. I promise you... I won't let it happen as long as I'm still alive.', Jaehyun says while tears form in his eyes.

'Do you want me to outlive you so bad?', Jungwoo jokes, trying to lighten the mood.

Jaehyun manages to let out a small giggle. 'You bet I do. I'll be really mad if you die before I do. You're still so much younger than I am.'

Jungwoo nods and smiles.

'Don't worry Jae. Even if I ever lose the ability to move at all, I will outlive you.', Jungwoo says confidently.

'Is that a challenge?', Jaehyun teases.

'A challenge that I'm going to win. I promise.', Jungwoo says and holds Jaehyun's hands in his own.

'And I promise I'll do everything I can to help you win.'

...

It's a day later, the healer servant has already gotten rid of Jungwoo's pain.

He took a sample of Jungwoo's blood and did a few tests to maybe figure out what could be causing all this.

Sadly enough not a single demon has been successful in figuring out the cause so far.

Jungwoo and Jaehyun are making the best of every moment, not thinking about the possibility that Jungwoo doesn't have long to live anymore.

Jaehyun is sure a miracle might happen, making sure Jungwoo is completely healthy again.

They both promised to make sure that Jungwoo outlived Jaehyun after all.

And Jaehyun, being a healthy demon, probably still has hundreds of years to live.

In the meanwhile, while Jungwoo sleeps, Jaehyun has been writing in a diary, keeping track of everything.