33

OVER THE CLOUDS

Taehyung scrunched his nose as he felt something tickle his face.

"Wake up, Beautiful."

He heard a soft, familiar voice whisper in his ear.

The sleeping beauty slowly opened his eyes, getting met with the most ethereal view ever. Jeongguk was standing next to the bed, upper body bare, bending over Taehyung, their faces close.

"Good morning," Jeongguk greeted, bunny smile showing as he placed another kiss on Taehyung's cheek. "Slept well?"

Taehyung smiled, cutely nodding his head a little, as he stretched out his arms. "Yeah, you?"

Jeongguk chuckled softly. "Never slept better. Although I'm up since some hours already."

Taehyung raised an eyebrow. "Hours? What's the time?"

"1pm, but-"

The younger quickly sat up. "Oh my god, I'm sorry, I'm ruining the vacation-

Jeongguk quickly stilled the boy with a soft kiss. "You're not ruining anything, love. Jimin and Yoongi are eating breakfast in a restaurant, and you sleeping gave me enough time to arrange our breakfast.." Jeongguk smiled as he turned to look to the balcony.

Taehyung's eyes widened as they followed Jeongguk's and he saw the wooden table and chairs arranged for two, the table set with various food, some orange juice and a red rose in a thin blue see-through vase in the center.

His heart swelled with warmth as he turned back to look at Jeongguk, who was smiling down at him, with the most fondest expression anyone ever gave Taehyung.

"You're amazing, Ggukie.." the brunet whispered as he placed a soft kiss on Jeongguk's cheek. "Did you arrange it all by yourself?"

A proud hum left Jeongguk, before he got up to put on a shirt. Taehyung felt a little disappointed, but kept it to himself as he watched Jeongguk straightening his posture. He took Taehyung's hand in his, helping him up too. "Can I take your order, sir?"

Taehyung giggled lightly. "How about a morning kiss?"

Jeongguk chuckled. "That should be on the menu, as far as I'm concerned, even for free for special guests."

Taehyung smiled, hooking his arms around Jeongguk's neck. "Do I count to one of these special guests?"

"Hell yeah," the older grinned, before leaning in to kiss Taehyung, who hummed appreciably.

"After you, Monsieur," chuckled Jeongguk, as he took Taehyung's hand back in his and led him to the balcony.

"Thank you," the brunet giggled, as Jeongguk pushed the chair forward when Taehyung sat down.

His eyes sparkled looking at all the food. "You made all of this while I was asleep?"

Nodding, Jeongguk sat across of the younger. "All for you. Now, eat, we'll meet with the other two after breakfast"

And that's how Taehyung's morning (or afternoon) started. Breakfast on the balcony, with a view at the blue sea and the love of his life sitting in front of him.

Next day

"I can't believe that we will have to go back already," Jimin whined, clinging onto Yoongi's arm, while he was packing his and Jimin's belongings into their suitcases.

"It was a wonderful time," Taehyung mumbled, shyly glancing at Jeongguk. The older had a smirk plastered on his lips, feeling Taehyung's eyes at him.

"Yeah, it was great," Yoongi looked between Taehyung and Jeongguk suspiciously, smiling lightly. "Hey, you two... wanna tell us something?"

Taehyung froze and stopped packing his things, his cheeks turning red. "What do you mean?"

Rolling his eyes, Yoongi gave Taehyung a knowing look. "Are you together now?"

Taehyung's eyes widened, as he quickly turned to look at Jeongguk who also by now stopped his doing. He looked at Yoongi, calmly. "I love him."

Jimin jumped up. "So you confessed?! Finally!" The joy and happiness in his voice made the other three laugh lightly.

Jeongguk's and Taehyung's eyes met shortly. Taehyung softly mouthed an 'i love you' to the other, who responded with a warm smile.

"Okay, I'd say let's pack the rest of our stuff and then go eat something. We need to be at the airport in three hours," Yoongi changed the topic, not wanting to make anything awkward.

"Sounds good."

"Please put your seatbelts on, we are ready to take-off!" The announcement in the airplane was made. Taehyung grew tense by the thought of going back to Seoul. He hated it there. Really did.

"I wish we could stay here forever," he mumbled, leaning his head against Jeongguk's shoulder.

The older let a small breath out, placing his hand on Taehyung's thigh, rubbing it reassuringly. "You don't want to go back, right?"

Softly shaking his head, Taehyung began talking again, "I felt.. so free here. Limitless. I don't want to go back to Seoul, where there's Minhyun and school and responsibilities and everything else. I just want to be with you."

The plane slowly took off.

"It's okay, Beautiful. You will be with me. And everything will be fine when we're home. Minhyun can't be glued to your forever."

Taehyung chuckled dryly by that. "I can imagine him trying to do that though."

Jeongguk smiled sadly, wrapping an arm
around the brunet and pulling his head against his chest.

A silent moment of Taehyung just enjoying Jeongguk's hold on him and his soothing caresses passed, before he spoke out the feeling that kept bugging him.

"I'm scared."

Jeongguk's hand stopped moving, his lips parting lightly. He feels miserable that he can't give Taehyung the feeling of safety and reassurance, even though he tried so hard. "Please don't worry, yeah? Don't think about it now. Not when we're over the clouds right now."

Taehyung giggled lightly by that remark, to which Jeongguk smiled adoringly. The younger switched his position a little, to be able to look out of the airplane's window, still keeping no distance between him and Jeongguk.

"The sky is beautiful up here," he whispered.

Jeongguk hummed, shortly looking to Taehyung and then also outside, to the the clear blueness, littered with fluffy, white dust. "It's so calming."

"This... this is how I felt when you suddenly grabbed my hands when they started shaking," Taehyung admitted. Jeongguk's gentleness, his care, was something Taehyung's always been so thankful for. It all started with Jeongguk simply beginning to suspect that there was something wrong between Taehyung and Minhyun and then him making it his goal to get Taehyung out of this hole. To take his pain away.

"Really?" Jeongguk smiled softly, kissing Taehyung's head.

Cheeks turning a little red, Taehyung nodded. "You always made them stop shaking. And it calmed me down.."

Okay, maybe Jeongguk did feel a little proud that he succeeded to that. He wrapped his arms around the smaller body, leaning down to place a soft kiss on Taehyung's lips.

He looked deeply into the younger's eyes. "I love you."

Flustered, Taehyung placed his head back on Jeongguk's chest, hugging him back. "I love you, too."

author

i'm sorry for the REALLY late update. i had a huge writers block for this story, but finally found a little spark in me that let me continue. (this chapter is still boring and just a filler, but i promise the next chapter will contain more action!)

have a great day & love you