15

PRETTY

Currently, the two boys were sitting on the soft grass in the garden at the back of Jeongguk's house. The older suggested they could place pillows on the grass and sit, but Taehyung had rolled his eyes, told Jeongguk to man up and just sat down on the plain grass. It was dry, so why not.

"It's so nice here." It really was, Taehyung was saying the truth. The garden was the perfect size, big, but not too big, it had enough place do be able to play football though. Just like in the fore garden here were a lot of various plants and flowers too- even an apple tree- which made Taehyung wonder if Jeongguk likes taking care of plants.

Although he doesn't look like he does.

"You are pretty when you are in thoughts."

Taehyung pried his gaze away from the flowers, looking to the owner of the deep voice next to him, who was already looking at him. The brunet blushed softly, trying to hide a smile. Getting complimented or praised by Jeongguk literally drove him crazy. Not only that, but he had caught himself staring at and thinking about the raven a lot lately. Too much maybe.

"Thanks.. I guess?" he laughed it off, awkwardly. He lay down on his back, looking up to the night sky, observing the stars. "Can I tell you something?"

Jeongguk remained sitting, as he looked to Taehyung and hummed.

"It's been a while since I had so much fun as I had today. I like spending time with you," he said, voice unintentionally getting quieter to the end. He didn't know where the confidence to tell Jeongguk that came from, but it was there.

Maybe it's just the way he feels so comfortable around Jeongguk- in a way he doesn't feel with anyone else.

"Me too," Jeongguk whispered after a small moment of silence. He lay down next to the brunet, also looked up. "I like being with you too."

Taehyung smiled lightly, feeling his heart speed up a little. "You know.. I still have a wish free."

Jeongguk smiled remembering their little match. "Do you know what you want?"

Taehyung shrugged. "You don't have to say yes, though."

Jeongguk tilted his head towards Taehyung and the younger did the same towards the older. "Tell me.."

Taehyung felt so warm inside by the close proximity of them. His tummy was doing some twisted things in there and he internally cursed at his fast beating heart. "Be my friend."

Taehyung stared him dead in the eyes and Jeongguk stopped breathing for a second.

"I know you said we are no friends and stuff, but I just don't understand.. If we're no friends, what are we?"

"A secret," Jeongguk spoke. He looked up to the sky again. "We don't need a label."

Taehyung blinked confused, then tightened his jaw. "Jerk," he whispered and Jeongguk chuckled.

"I don't want friends."

Taehyung stared at him, even more confused. "You don't make sense."

A laugh erupted from Jeongguk. "I don't."

Taehyung turned on his tummy, lifting his upper body up with his elbows, propping his head on his palms. He just looked at Jeongguk now- what he says doesn't make sense, but every other thing does.

"Do you care about me?" he suddenly asked, remembering very well how Jeongguk denied it before.

Jeongguk's breath hitched a little, but he kept cool on the outside. "I don't."