27

IN THE MIDDLE OF
THE RAIN

"You're not going to that trip to Jeju tomorrow, do you understand?!"

Taehyung weakly nodded, head hung low. He had no other choice than to obey Minhyun anyways, too scared of the consequences.

"Good." Minhyun let out a big sigh, the rage that ran through his veins calming down. How did Taehyung end up having to go to the trip with all the guys he hated the most. The ones who wouldn't hesitate to take Taehyung away from him.

Little did he know, Taehyung was already taken away. His heart wasn't beating for Minhyun, it was crying for Jeongguk's love, Jimin's comfort, his own happiness.

Taehyung had added one and one together when he saw Minhyun's blue eye and all the wounds on his face. He couldn't believe Jeongguk and him had fought and he was so damn mad at Jeongguk for doing that, because he seriously could have get hurt.

"Hyun?"

"What?" He responded sharply, clearly annoyed which had Taehyung's hands shaking almost instantly. Last time Minhyun was annoyed, he...

Taehyung gulped. "I'm gonna use the toilet.."

Once he was in the bathroom, the door locked and him all alone, he let the tears he was suppressing roll down his rosy cheeks.

He took his phone, checking his messages. He secretly took it with him to the bathroom, Minhyun wouldn't let him get on his phone when he's present.

Taehyung tried to muffle his sobs by placing his sleeve-covered hand above his mouth, while he looked at all the unread messages and missed calls by his worried friends.

Most of them were from Jeongguk.

"Please, Taehyung, answer"
"I'm here for you"
"Call me if something happens"

He said it so often and Taehyung knows that the moment he calls Jeongguk, he would pick up immediately and he wouldn't hesitate to come over and get him out of this mess.

Taehyung's heartbeat rose.

Jeongguk.

He wants to be with Jeongguk.

But for that, he needs to get rid of Minhyun, who'd surely never let him alone.

"Tae! I'm gonna go buy something in the grocery store, I'll be right back. Don't you dare do something stupid!"

Taehyung's eyes widened. Is that a sign? "Okay!" he shouted back, trying to sound as convincing as possible by keeping his voice steady and loud enough.

He looked back to the phone in his shaking hand, Jeongguk's contact glowing into his eyes.

And once he heard the door close, he pressed call.

"Hello?" Taehyung closed his eyes hearing the all to familiar voice, the emotions he hid immediately bubbling up in his throat.

"G-Gguk, I'm so sorry, please-

"What's wrong? Where are you?!"

"I'm okay," he sobbed, which indicated he wasn't 'okay' at all, "P-please get me away from here, I-I'm tired of it."

With the phone held against his ear, Jeongguk already put his jacket on and got his car keys. "Tell me where you are."

Taehyung continued to sob while telling Jeongguk Minhyun's address, telling him to hurry up, as Minhyun could be back anytime soon.

Taehyung knows, he's going to regret this. He won't be able to escape Minhyun.

But he can try and be happy for a few days.