Chapter 29

A gynaecology doctor's room. Dhun and her father were sitting in front of the doctor as the doctor is explaining things to them. Sameera stood near Dhun and her dad. Rithvik was at the door of the room, with his hands crossed and leaning to the door.

The doctor had a scanned image of Dhun's uterus on display. "See here... Here is the part that suffered the injury." Dhun and her father listened in keenly. "It's not of any immediate problem. You will be able to function normally. And will get your periods normally. But...in case of your next pregnancy, you will be able to get pregnant. But your uterus is not in a condition to keep and raise the baby for nine months. It would not take the weight."

Dhun nodded. Her father looks really disappointed and sad.

"Don't take it to heart too much." Sameera said, "You are still young. And the medical field is making new discoveries and developments constantly. And you will heal a lot in a few years. Who knows in the next ten years, you will be healthy enough to bear a child."

Dhun nodded.

Dhun sat on the bed, and her dad was packing a few tiffin carriers in a bag. "I will be back just after dropping Dhruv home." Her father said. Dhun nodded. "Will you be okay alone?"

"Yeah, dad."

He nodded and walked away.

Dhun looked around and the book she was reading was lying on the table near the bed. She tried to reach for it, but her stomach hurt. She winced a bit audibly. There was a movement at the door of the room and Rith looks in. Dhun looked up at him. " Are you some kind of sentry to stand there at the door all the time?" She asked.

He walked in and grabbed the book and hand it to her, with a stony expression. She looked up at his face.

"Hm...Since u are still here, I guess you don't want to break up."

"Is it that easy for you? Break up?" He asked.

"No. Not at all. Really don't want to break up at all."

"Then tell me where the time turner is."

"I told you I don't want to change this." She insisted.

Frustrated, Rithvik sat down beside her. "Do you know what I went through?"

"Yeah. I know exactly what you went through. I have been through that several times."

"No. Mine was an accident." He said, "How could you? How could you choose to die in my stead?"

"If not. I am left alone pregnant with your baby."

"Again. Why did you not just tell me?"

"If I did. What could we have done? We are 19."

"So?"

"I needed to kill the baby anyway."

"Kill? Is that why you did this??" he asked bitterly.

"I told you, it was all my selfish decision. For me and me only. Not for you. Not for the baby. For me."

Rithvik was confused now.

"Because..." She said with tears. Her voice went low since she was crying and could not say it easily, "I simply could not just kill it. I guess you automatically love a baby when you have one inside you. Especially if you love its father."

Rithvik softened up now. " So...if it needed to be killed, I needed to go along. Or else, wouldn't it be too unfair." She cried, "It's not like it's the baby's fault." Rith kept looking at her and then go on to hug her. He held her close, "I am sorry." He said, finally understanding her reason, but still not accepting it fully.