Chapter 25

The next morning, Rithvik came out of the room and was about to walk out when Roli calls. "Eat breakfast before you go." Rith looked at her. "I made cereal." She said holding up a bowl.

"No one has to 'make' cereal. What did you do, reap wheat and made flour out of it and made to tiny shapes." Rithvik asked goin to her.

"No. Kellogs does that. I added milk." Roli grinned.

Rithvik grinned. "Eat," Roli said, "Don't get sick like last time. You have to eat well. Mom has told me to take care of your health."

Rithvik remembered her kiss with Ansh. Roli's exposed shoulder and her lust for Ansh.

Rith placed a hand on her head. "You know that you are still a kid to me, right"

She frowned. "Even if I treat you badly sometimes, Or mostly... But I really love you. You know that, right?"

"What's up with you? Are you okay? Do you have some serious illness? Are you going to die or something?"

Rithvik smiled softly " Why? Will you be sad if your brother dies?"

"Isn't that obvious? Wouldn't you be sad if I die? We may hate each other a lot, but Rit, I still love you okay. At least in some tiny corner of my heart. You are my brother."

Rithvik smiled at her. Roli was all puzzled. "When did you grow up so much?" Rithvik asked her.

"Rith, you are okay na?"

Rithvik smiled and ruffled her hair. "Listen, if you ever find a guy you like, do tell me, okay. Introduce me. I promise you, I won't stand against it." She blinked at him. "Unless well, if he is a total douche bag and wrong for you. But if it's a good nice guy, I will...approve."

"Seriously, what's up with you?"

"Nothing. Just...Maybe I got mature." He said.

"Finally? God is great."

He laughed.

Dhun was talking to a few of her friends sitting in the canteen and Rithvik was standing looking at her from a distance. He wanted to just let her be for now. He turned around and walked. And saw Ansh walk into the canteen. Ansh got a smile on seeing Dhun and walked in her direction. But he was met with Rithvik in the middle. Rith put a hand on Ansh's shoulder and stop him. Ansh looked down on Rith " Don't go to her." Rithvik told him.

"What?"

"Stay away from her."

"You don't get to decide that. I will decide what I want to do. And if Dhun asks me to stay away, I will. You have no right to tell me that."

"I am her boyfriend."

"You are not. I am."

Rithvik's eyes went narrow. Ansh turned to Rithvik. "And while we are at this topic let me get this straight. Don't behave as if I have eyes on your girl. She may have been yours in some other timeline. But that is in some other timeline. Not here. You may have the memory of that, but for me...it did not even happen. I don't ever remember her being your girlfriend. In this timeline, she had always been my girlfriend. From start itself."

Rithvik was a bit too offended at this. Ansh continued, "So it's not me eyeing your girl. It's you who is claiming my girlfriend as yours. Because I don't care about a time you guys clam to exist, I can't remember it, I don't even know for sure that it exists. So...now in this time, the fact is that she is my girlfriend. And so you back off, and stop telling me I am disgusting or whatever. I am not. It's you who need to stay away." Rithvik grabbed Ansh's collar. "And as of you being angry with me for Roli issue. That thing did not even happen in this timeline either. So you don't get to call me 'disgusting' over that as well."