Chapter 12

A few hours earlier in the day...

Ansh was driving into the apartment complex on his motorbike when he saw Roli walk out, looking nice in some good clothes. "Where to?" He asked stopping in front of her.

"Hm... My tuition got cancelled. So I was going to meet my friends."

She eyed his bike.

"Hope on," He told her. "I will drop you."

"Realy?" She asked so happily. This was such a rare occasion. But Rithvik was not home, so Ansh decided to take a chance. With a smile, Roli got on the bike. "Can I put my arms around you?" She asked.

"Yeah. Or else you would fall down," he said with a naughty smile. He was also enjoying this too much now.

As they drove a bit, Roli rested her head on his back. Ansh's heart was beating so fast. She liked that. "On a second thought," she said, "I need not meet my friends today."

Ansh stopped the bike and looked back at her. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I will text them that I can't make it." She said. "I kind of wanted to watch that Pixar animation movie that was released recently." She said. "Can we go watch it?"

Ansh nodded. Roli smiled.

They went to the multiplex and got popcorn and went for the movie. But Roli liked that they were doing something together. They ate the popcorn and watched the movie together. Roli noticed a couple in two rows ahead of them. The girl had her head on the guy's shoulder. She turned to look at Ansh. Ansh understood what she meant and shook his head to say 'no'. She frowned. But Ansh smiled and set his hand on the armrest open. He indicated his hand to her. She looked at it, and smiled and slid his hand to his hand. He smiled and moved his thumb over her skin.

Roli was so happy that this was happening.

Roli cried at the end of the movie as most Pixar movies are too emotional at the end. Ansh handed her his handkerchief. She dried her tears with it.

"Are you okay?" Ansh asked as they walked out of the Multiplex.

"Yeah," she said. "But I don't want to go home yet."

"Then let's not," Ansh said, also not wanting this to end so quickly.

They went to a park, walked around. Talked a lot. But they were still kind of awkward with each other. Roli insisted that they click a few selfies, and hence they did. Another couple was kissing in the privacy of a distant bench. Roli looked at Ansh expectantly. "No," Ansh said, waking away. Blushing from ear to ear.

Roli actually wanted to ambush him and kiss him properly... But well, she was scared that he will call off their current set-up of secret dating if she did that.

By the time it was night, Ansh dropped Roli back at their apartment building. "Today was nice," Roli said getting down from the bike.

"Hm," Ansh agreed. He was reluctant to part from her.

He left her in front of her apartment door. "Bye then," he said, still a bit polite and shy.

"Bye..." She said. She looked around the corridor. There was no one. She stepped closer and kissed Ansh on his cheek. Ansh was taken by surpreise. But just then the elevator door opened and Rithvik came in. Both Ansh and Roli jump back, super scared. But Rithvik was looking just crestfallen and his eyes stayed glued to the floor.