Chapter 2

One morning when Ansh came out of his apartment, Roli was at her door. "Oh, Great!," She said seeing Ansh, "Can you drop me at school? I am getting really late."

"What about Rithvik?"

"He is still sleeping."

"Then I should wake him up. He will be late."

"Before that could you please drop me at school? I will get in trouble if I go late, and I got late in the first place while trying to wake Rith up." She looked straight at Ansh. "Please, can't you?"

Ansh melted at once. He nodded.

On the way, on his bike, I was very, very conscious of her closeness. It was for the first time that Roli was on his bike, It was for the first time that any girl was on his bike. At a point the bike took a sharp curve and Roli out her arms around Ansh, From that point onwards, it was more difficult for him to concentrate on driving.

Roli did not think much of it though. When she was left in front of the school gate, she just hopped off saying, "Thanks, Ansh...." And joined her friends who were walking into the gate.

"Who was that?" One of the girls asked.

"That? Ansh. My brother's friend. Why?"

"The one who tutor you? He is cute." She commented.

"Her brother is cuter though." Another one of her friends said.

"Ew...." Roli said. "You will hate him if you see him at home. And Ansh too. I have seen him in home clothes. Is he good looking?"

"I think he is cute." Her friend said again.

"Really?" Roli turned around to the point where Ansh dropped her. He was gone now. She scrunched her face. She has never thought of him that way. But she has actually ever thought of Ansh as a brother either. Rithvik has lately insisted that Roli address Ansh as 'bhaiyya'. Roli's response was always the same –"I don't even call 'you' as bhaiyya, then why should I call Ansh that?"

Rithvik arrived in the middle of thee class, interrupting the professor in the middle. Ansh who was taking notes looked up at him,

"Rithvik Ahuja, you should learn to come to class on time." The professor told him. "You cannot sit in my class... Get out."

"Okay, Sir..." Rithvik gave a look of anger towards Ansh and walked out. He was bored and hungry, When he woke up he realised it was too late for class and he left home without having any breakfast.

So he walked to the canteen and ordered a cup of masala chai and vada pav.

He was at a table eating when Dhun walked in. He brightened up at the prospect of not being alone. "Dhun, bro.... here...." He waved at her. She noticed him and came to sit by him.

"I got late." She yawned, and saw the tea on the table, took the cup in her hand and took a sip.

"I just drank a sip from that cup though," Rithvik said. Dhun blushed, embarrassed and put the cup back. "Sorry. I did not realise..."

"It's okay. What is the big deal? I will order one more for you... Bhaiyya. One more masala chai."

But Dhun did not touch the cup in front of her.

"Don't be weird, dude. You can drink from it. We have drunk from one same cup as kids, you know..."

But Dhun just tucked her short hair to the back of her ears and avoided his gaze. "No. I am okay..."