Chapter 23 - I'm ready for my close up...not.

Start from the beginning

I pushed him away when I saw Damien getting out of the car. Trouble was brewing.

"I promise I will be home soon." I had time to give him another hug." Then I was grabbed by the arm and pushed into the car. Damien sat in the front with the driver. He leaned over with an angry sneer on his face. " Do that again in front of me and you'll regret it." He sniffed the air as if there was a bad smell in the car. "You reek of him again."

......

The flight was quite an experience. Damien hired a private plane to fly us down. All the way I was thinking what the hell is a guy like me doing drinking cocktails on a private plane. The Pure were wealthier than I thought. I felt like pinching myself to make sure I was really awake. Enough luggage was stowed away on the plane for a  Rock Star and his entourage. If Damien was trying to impress, grudgingly I have to say, he succeeded.

A flash limousine picked us up from the airport. A stiff uniformed driver sat at the front and we sat at the back with a small bar and beautiful leather seats, all very posh. The PA sat in front of me. Damien was squashed as far as possible on the other side of me. His window open and blowing our hair everywhere. We were going to arrive looking like Muppets. I pulled up my hoodie.

Two hours on and we were heading for the The Pure compound. I never thought I would be making this trip again. The place only held bad memories for me.

"No one knows about The Alpha's trip to see you.  As far as they are concerned he was in meetings in another state." I looked at Paul, 10 questions ready to roll out of my mouth but he held up a hand to stop me. "That includes his parents. You're arrival will obviously be a shock for some. The Alpha will take responsibility for explaining your presence. The less you say the better. Keep it polite and brief. He asks that you go along with what he says for the sake of keeping the peace. You will have your own suite. You will only be allowed to go out with either The Alpha or myself."

I was about to complain...but the hand went up. "No, you are not a prisoner. It is more for your safety." The hand went up when I opened my mouth again and I smacked it down. He's lucky he didn't get my fangs.

"I've heard that before when I was drugged for days and couldn't even remember my name." I was fuming. James was right I shouldn't have come.

"When we arrive you will go straight to your suite and shower and change. You reek of human. It's gets quite offensive after a while." Paul scrunched up his nose.

"I like smelling like James. So...up yours." I gave him the middle finger for good measure and rubbed my face on my sleeve just to annoy them. "Mmmm....lovely." It actually was. I could still smell James' cologne on me. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Damien's jaw clenching. He continued to stare straight ahead. He opened the window a bit more to make his point.

"We have arranged to meet the Chapel Guardian tomorrow. He will have to know what is going on but he will be the only other person who will be kept in the loop." Paul turned to me. "Any questions?"

"Yes, why am I back...it would help having an idea what I'm walking into."

"I will be telling my parents and any of The Pure who have the courage to ask me to my face, that you contacted me and informed me out of courtesy that as you have come of age you have returned home temporarily to find a mate. You're planning to be here for a short time and then you will be leaving with or without a mate. That should keep them happy....the part that you are leaving in particular will make them happy." Damien made it sound so reasonable. "In turn out of courtesy to my ex-mate I arranged for you to be flown here and offered you accommodation at the compound while you visit."

"People know me well enough not to push their luck by asking me personal questions. We will keep our distance and hopeful the Guardian will come up with a quick and efficient way to end our problems."

.....

The PA lead me to a room that instantly looked familiar. I felt my heart start to race the minute I walked in. I felt the pain start tightening my chest. Paul instantly came to my side and wrapped a strong arm around my waist. "What's the matter? What's brought this on." I was gasping for air and could only just get a few words out. "I've been....here....before." A blurry patch work of memories came back to me in a flood and all the feelings associated with them, the fear, confusion, the terrible heat and yearning for my mate and the pain...the terrible pain.

He yelled for the servants who had been carrying in the suite cases to get out...now. They looked shocked, frozen on the stop for a moment before turning and bolting out the door like scared rabbits. With his free hand he called someone on his mobile. I was zoning out quickly, the pain was suddenly rushing through my arms and legs and I could my breath was threading. I felt myself going backwards into the darkness. I was only just vaguely aware that the door flew open and Damien rushed in. He picked me up in one move. The PA was on the phone again rushing out of the room.

When I woke up I had an oxygen mask on my face. "I'm sorry it never occurred to me that you would remember this room. That it would affect you this way." Damien was leaning over me and a young nurse was rolling up my sleeve, then I felt the prick of a needle.

"I'm moving you straight away to my rooms. Just rest." What ever was in the needle she gave me sent me off with the fairies. As a comeback entrance it was rubbish.

Readers...I'd love a comment if you've actually read this story all the way through.  Do I need more of that and less of this.  I'd appreciate any fee back.