Chapter 20 - Dressed to Kill

I rather like my image of Virgil.  I wish I was a better artist so I could show you how gorgeous he is in my head.

....

Virgil's (PoV)

I was determined I wasn't going to leave the room, they would have to come to me. I had another shower and finished off the coffee. I checked all my wounds and it looked like someone had used me as a pin cushion. I didn't even want to think about the bite, that was a whole bag of weird.

It was the PA who eventually knocked on the door at around 9.30. I moved to stand behind the armchair, I felt I had to be on my guard with these two.

He pushed in another trolley holding my breakfast. A silver cloche hid something that smelt wonderful. I sniffed...bacon, eggs, tomato, mushroom and what was that last thing... sniff...OMG...venison sausages. I really liked this new skill of mine. The smell of fresh coffee made me instantly happy. He had several shopping bags from the luxury brand shops in the main foyer of the hotel hanging off his arm.

"Good morning Virgil. How are you feeling? He was politeness personified. Paul set the bags on the bed. I stayed where I was.

"Fine." I said my voice was crackly. I had a sore throat but I didn't realised it was making my voice deeper and huskier than usual. I think I literally screamed myself hoarse the previous night.

Paul looked at me carefully. "Do I need to check your wound, are you sure you are alright." My hands moved to cover my crutch. "You haven't lost any more blood have you, you look pale?" I knew I looked like crap, dark shadows under my eyes. He tilted his head and gave him a hard look. I hadn't paid much attention to the bite when I showered. I'd ripped off the dressing as it was almost off anyway. I turned around opened the robe and looked down at himself. As far as I could tell it was OK. It looked red and raw and had dark bruising all around it like a giant hickey.

"Nope...I'm definitely fine." I rather liked my husky voice. I made my way to the trolley, I was starving. My pride had to take a back seat to my empty stomach. I pulled off the cloche and started stuffing my face. How much food can you put in your mouth at one time...apparently a lot. It was so good. Paul stood looking at me with that annoying blank face. "I'm a growing boy." I gave him a big cheesy grin and kept on shovelling in the food.

"These are yours. The sizes should be right." The PA walked to the door, stiff and perfectly groomed in his black suit. "When you're finished the Alpha would like to speak to you."

"What if I don't want to speak to him." I tried to look casual. I'm sick of feeling like a pawn Damien pushes around.

"Then you'll never leave this room. "I didn't like that answer one little bit. He was about to open the door and then took a step back into the room. "Please consider very carefully everything The Alpha has to say, for everyone's sake."

"How about you do me a favour and I'll play nice. Can I use your phone to call James. He must be worried sick." Paul looked at me as if I must be joking. "That's not possible I'm afraid."

"Why not, all I'm asking for is a quick call....a minute. I want to let him know I'm OK." I was getting angry. I was worried for James. As much as he could be an idiot, his heart was in the right place and I wanted him to know nothing awful had happened to me. This situation was very one sided. "You are in the human world here. What you've done to me is kidnapping. After all said and done, nice breakfast and swish surroundings....I AM HERE AGAINST MY WILL. What I'm asking for isn't unreasonable." My hackles were up now.

"That's not possible." He didn't even blink. He repeated himself like a fucking robot. I really was well and truly pissed off.

'FUCK OFF THEN!!!" and I sent the cloche in the direction of his head. The bastard caught it easily. "Get out. Fuck off. Go back to his lordship and suck his dick you being his bitch an'all."

My gravelly voice made me sound tougher than I felt. I was furious. I was going to take my bloody time and we can have a chat when I'm fucking well ready.

The PA looked annoyed for a splits second. He wanted to say something but didn't. I had to laugh, or should I say chocked at the peeved expression on his face, I think  I hurt his Lycan pride....poor diddums.

And I did take my time. I finished my breakfast down to the last crumb. I could have poured the coffee straight into my mouth from the pot it was so good. I enjoyed the last drop as I watched the city come to life. I put new dressing on my wounds, even watched a bit of a movie on the big screen TV.

Finally, I looked through the bags the robot impersonator left for me. I was very impressed, someone had very good taste. One of the shirts probably cost as much as my whole wardrobe. In the end I chose a thin black jumper with long sleeves and a hood. I put it on and couldn't help rubbing it against my skin....yum it felt good. Black trousers that fit like a second skin, black boots. I topped off the outfit with a long black asymmetrical jacket. I looked in the mirror and decided I was bloody hot. I don't normally see myself like that but today I seriously impressed with myself. As they say "Clothes maketh the Man". My braid fell over my shoulder and I looked like I just came out of one of the Blade movies. The clothes must have cost a small fortune and I had to admit they did give my ego a boost. The only thing I wished for was that who ever chose the clothes had thought about underwear. I had to be very careful where everything went as there was zero wiggle room, literally, in the trousers.

So there I was all dressed up with nowhere to go. I sat back down to watch the remainder of the movie...I wasn't going anywhere until I got my phone call. It was a battle of wills. I probably wouldn't win but I was going to give it a good shot and look really cool doing it.

About two hours later, I was dying of boredom and my patience was wearing thin. Paul finally came in with a phone for me. He offered it and I snatched out of his hand...about bloody time. I punched in the James' number and waited. I was suddenly so nervous, I wanted to hear his voice so badly. Then I noticed the PA was still standing there. "Some privacy please." He stared and crossed his arms, taking a "I'm not going anywhere" stance.

I mouthed "Fuck you" as I heard James answer. "James it's me. Babe I'm OK." James's frantic voice could be heard in the room next door. "Slow down. I know I sound weird, I've got a sore throat. I've just a bit croaky voice it's nothing.  Babe just listen. Let me talk I haven't got much time. Everything is OK. I'm not hurt or anything like that. These nut jobs just need to talk to me about some business back home that's all. I'll tell you everything when I get home." The look the PA gave me said "No you won't."

"Promise not to worry. I know, I can imagine you were freaking out. Let Lola know I'm OK. I have to go. Love you too. I'll be home soon. Don't worry OK"    The PA's face was getting darker by the minute. I felt like crying.  Hearing James' voice really made me want to go home. I threw the phone back to Paul. "You've reminded me why I hate you all."

"OK lets go." I followed him into the lounge room.

Greetings....don't forget to vote if you are enjoying the story.  Votes keep it alive.