Chapter 16 - Surprise!!!!

Vote if you are enjoying the story.

Virgil's PoV

I couldn't take my eyes off him, even though my fight or flight instincts screamed RUN. What was he up to? Why come here like this and involve James? Would he seriously go as far as having sex with him to make a dramatic entrance and show me he was still in control of my life?

Lola's arms were around me and I felt them tighten "It's ok, who the hell is he? Why are you shaking like a leaf. : She hugged me tighter. "Are you scared of him? Has he done something to you?" So many questions Lola and I couldn't get a single syllable out. Knowing Lola I could imagine her glaring at Damien in full Mama Bear mode.

James' jaw had dropped in confusion when I called out his name. It took several moments for his alcohol soaked brain to work out a response. "Damien, that's right. How did.." His brow furrowed and then he smacked his cheeks with his hands and groaned. "Oh fuck he's not a notch on YOUR bed post is he?" It was an IN joke between us, for the guys we slept with but didn't want to discuss with each other because of our undetermined relationship. It was my turn to groan.

Damien's eyes never left me. They ran over my hair falling over my shoulders to my waist, Lola's arms wrapped tightly around me. I was obviously trembling from head to foot and I'm sure my eyes clearly showed the fear I was feeling. His face remained impassive. It was bad enough having the PA show up here unexpectedly after all this time but Damien was a whole different level of anxiety. I don't think I've felt such fear and panic before in my life, even during the worst of the bullying I'd experienced as a child. I couldn't imagine a reason for him being here but what every the reason was, I was absolutely sure it didn't bode well for me.

"Hello Virgil." Damien said quietly. James who was standing next to him nearly jumped out of his skin, stunned by his voice. It was the sexy low growl I remembered. "It's been a long time." He moved forward and I couldn't help but leap to my feet and back away. My hair flew around me and I moved to stand behind the couch. Lola stood by my side. Her arm around my waist helped keep me upright. My eyes were wide and I couldn't breath properly, the awful pain in my chest was starting to become unbearable.

"I think your friend needs to leave." Lola gave James a nod in Damien's direction, if she could have, she would have tried to usher him out herself.

"Hold on here, this is my house." James puffed out his chest, then realised she was right. He turned to Damien. "Sorry mate I need to take a rain check. We can catch up..." He stopped there even he knew how ridiculous that sounded. Damien didn't budge. Instead he looked down at James and said in the same quiet, throaty voice that sent chills up my spine.

"I'd like a word with Virgil. Privately." There was a "don't even think of arguing" tone to his voice and the intimidating stare he gave James made him back away. The guy he'd been hoping to bed was now scaring the crap out of him.

All three of us said "No!" at the same time.

Damien took another step forward and James realised something here was seriously wrong. He was sobering up quickly. He stood in front of Damien. "I think it's time for you to go. Virgil doesn't want to talk to you. I don't know what problem you have with him but...." One hard push and James was flying backward, thankfully landing mostly on the couch. Lola and I scattered when the couch slammed against the wall.

"Virgil you know exactly what I am capable of. If you really care about your friends you will talk tome NOW . Lola and I both moved to shield James, who'd had the wind knocked out of him and was mumbling like a mad person. "NOW" Damien growled and took another step closer. I could feel his heart beating and his eyes were starting to glow. I had the feeling his wolf would leap soon. My wolf was cowering before his Alpha.