Chapter Seven: Paradise Lost

"Oww"

Waking up the next morning was both heaven and hell. Heaven because we were still entwined in the car and hell because even though we had been comfortable the previous night, now all our bones and especially our neck seemed to creak in protest. We both stretched and bent our stiff limbs, laughing as the light got brighter around us. I tried and failed to smooth my hair without a comb but had to give up eventually. I pulled it back into a pony tail to hide the worst damage and put my slippers back on after retrieving them from the depths of the car. 

"What do you say we get some breakfast before going back?"

Breakfast sounded great, coffee especially was alluring so we drove into town with him holding my hand most of the way. He found a small diner that served breakfasts and installed me in a corner booth. 

"I'll have coffee and toast." 

After that I turned to rummage in my handbag, looking for something. It took me a while to realise that he wasn't moving but still stood beside me, looking expectantly.

"Coffee, toast and what else?"

I was puzzled by his question, something that must have been clearly visible on my face.

"Nothing?"

He walked away towards the counter leaving me in utter confusion. But I was soon wiser as I saw him come back with our breakfast, piled high on plates that he could hardly carry. I started laughing but laughed even more when he turned back to get more plates. As he put my large coffee mug in front of me I was giggling uncontrollably at the huge amount of food that was on our table, a buffet for ten instead of breakfast for two. While he smiled himself he sat down and started helping himself to various fruits and cereals. 

"Tuck in. Toast isn't breakfast."

No, apparently not ... I ended up tasting most of his food and we talked about the merits of fresh fruit to start the day with, combined with the effects on bowel movements (it was a funny story he told me) before we headed back to the set. The day was pretty much uneventful after that, only me cracking him up when I asked the catering if there was sushi for lunch. In my head I replayed our night over and over, relishing in every small detail, feeling the warmth of it spread through me. I was the happiest I'd ever been. Until that evening ...

Looking back I should have known a visit was coming, it had been far too long since anyone had stopped by but I had been so wrapped up in Paul and the movie that the passing of time sometimes became an abstract. So, it was a nasty surprise when I opened my trailer door and walked into the yellow light that filtered through the blinds. 

"There you are."

My head snapped up and I saw the man standing at the far end. I knew what was coming but it had been a long time ago that the idea of what was about to happen had caused me such fear. I knew resisting was pointless, so I hardly struggled as he grabbed me and started pulling on my clothes. I wouldn't fight because it had no use, but I wouldn't make it easy either, making myself as limp and heavy as possible. He knew what he could and could not do so I was safe from the worst, but I still had to grind my teeth as his hand travelled upwards from my stomach under the short crop top I had worn to set that day. In a swift move he pulled it down and I squeezed my eyes shut, not wanting to see or feel anything else. 

I could do nothing but wait and pray it would be over soon as he rubbed and grabbed to satisfy himself ...