And got nothing in return.

Magsimula sa umpisa

I entered my jeep and he sat on the passenger seat while Ishu came and sat behind.

"I swear I didn't do anything." He said.

"Did I ask you? I just don't know how someone who owns a fucking company can't see if it was real or fake." I said starting the jeep.

"I just have a soft corner for her. I can't think about anything when her asthma kicks in." He said.

Great explanation!

"Then should I bring her too? We'll get you both married in the temple today." I said sarcastically.

"I can't have 2 wives." He said chuckling.

"Don't joke around now. Asshole." I said.

"Can anyone tell me what is going on?" Ishu asked confused.

"My wife is getting jealous." He said laughing and I looked at him wide eyed.

Why would I be that?
No, I am not.

"I just don't like her, that's it. I'm not jealous." I defended myself.

"You're brother was just being stupid back there." I said glaring at him and he still was quite amused.

"Come on! It was not a big deal." He said smiling at me.

"You're too naive to understand things." I said shaking my head and concentrated on my driving.

He can do whatever he wants!
Why should I bother?

We got down near the temple and with a heavy heart I was taking each step of mine.

Flashback

"Mumma, why do you bring me in this temple the first thing on my birthday?" I asked holding her hand as we were walking towards the stairs.

"Because, we should always start our new year with god's blessings. You know, no matter what happens god is always going to be the one who will support you and listen to you." Mom explained smiling and I started climbing the stairs with a smile.

Mom joined her hands before Ganpati bappa's idol and I just looked at her. She looked so peaceful. I joined my hands.

I just need one thing and that is for you to never let my mom go away from me.

I said in my mind and looked at my mom smiling.

Flashback Ends

But my 8 year old self was stupid enough to believe what my mom said and believe in that idol.

Every birthday I asked the same thing from god and he failed to keep his promise.

Everything is just a myth!
My whole life the people or things I trust have betrayed me the most!

"What's wrong with you?" Vedant asked holding my hand and entwining our fingers.

I just nodded my head in a no and looked at our hands.

I used to walk in this temple with my hands in my mom's the same way.
I trusted her.
I trusted her belief in god!

And got nothing in return.

The same way, I am going to get nothing in return if I trust him.

I took my hand out of his grip and walked ahead.

Today, I am entering this area because I am being forced to. I'll make sure I never step here willingly.
I thought as I climbed the stairs.

And suddenly, a hand slipped into mine.
I looked up to see Vedant holding it with a smile.

"I think a husband is allowed to hold his wife's hand." He whispered.

"I didn't allow you to." I said rolling my eyes.

He just narrowed his eyes at me and said,
"Get used to it."

Asshole!
Can this stupid heart of mine beat at a normal rate?

I stood before the idol and Mrs.Dixit asked the priest to perform some pooja. All this while everyone sat and joined their hands. While I just sat there looking at the idol in front of me.

The same idol who failed to save the only person I had with me!