The Battle of New York (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Turn, turn, Ah!" I cried out as two crafts came up on me, firing. I swerved to avoid them and watched as the crafts were blasted away by Iron Man. I sent him a thumbs up as he flew off.

A few more shots rang out behind me and I turned to see Loki on another craft, following behind.

"Hey there, little spitfire," he called out to me. I didn't bother to reply, though I felt a certain thrill at our chase. I got the sense that Loki was just messing with me, I don't know why, but I was sure that he wouldn't actually try to harm me and that in another time and place we would have had a lot of fun. But now was not the time to lose my focus. I continued on toward the building Clint was at.

"Hawkeye!" I called out into the ear piece Natasha had given to me.

"Lexi, what are you doing?" Clint shouted at me.

"Uh, a little help!" I called back.

"I got it!" Clint said, aiming and firing, only for Loki to catch the arrow inches from his face. He looked at it, then at Clint, smirking.

Before I could say or do anything, the arrow exploded, sending Loki crashing onto the platform at the top of Stark Tower.

I steered my ride over to the Tower and jumped down, flipping in the air as I did so before landing right next to Loki.

Loki was so busy staring up at me that he didn't notice when the Hulk leapt up, grabbing him and throwing him through the window of the penthouse. I have no idea why, but my natural instinct was to run over and shield Loki as the Hulk roared and moved towards him, as he got to his feet. I managed to resist the urge.

"ENOUGH! You are, all of you, except my little spitfire of course, beneath me! I AM GOD, YOU DULL CREATURE, AND I WILL NOT BE BULLIED BY-" Loki started to say.

Hulk grabbed Loki by the feet and smashed him into the floor repeatedly, then threw him aside and walked away.

"Puny God," Hulk said as Loki whimpered in pain, clearly having been beaten into submission. I frowned as I sensed his pain. Once this was all over I really needed to work on getting this empathy power or whatever it was under control! I didn't want to go around feeling everyone's emotions and pain all the time! What good did that do?

I sighed in relief as Natasha showed up a few minutes later. I had no idea what to do. We walked over towards the Tesseract.

"The scepter" I heard a man say. My guess was he was the Selvig guy that had been mentioned earlier.

"Doctor," Natasha said, kneeling down to him, confirming my suspicions.

"Loki's scepter, the energy- the Tesseract can't fight. You can't protect against yourself," the doctor said.

"It's not your fault. You didn't know what you were doing," Natasha said.

"Well, actually I think I did. I built in a safety to cut the power source," he told us. My eyes opened wide in realization.

"Loki's scepter!" I said in surprise.

"It may be able to close the portal. And I'm looking right at it," Dr. Selvig said, looking down to the platform below where I saw Loki's scepter laying where it had dropped from when the Hulk had taken him out.

I climbed down and retrieved the scepter and the three of us stared in shock as it flowed gold at my touch. I shrugged it off assuming it was similar to the Beserker staff and wanting to focus on the task at hand.

"Right at the crown!" Selvig instructed me.

I began to push the spear through the barrier surrounding the cube, but it was hard to break, which was saying something considering I had superhuman strength.