Chapter 20

Of course. Gingee is Cripson's son. I never knew Gingee's last name, but I knew his real name was Nathan or Nate for short.
"Gingee," Julia whispers. "Gingee?" Asks Igor. "You mean Nate?" "Yeah everyone calls him Gingee. I didn't know you and your brother were somehow related to him," I say. "Well, he's my nephew. Why? Is that bad? He's always so good," Igor says. Ashley, Julia, and I exchange looks. "Look at this," Ashley finally says. She sticks out her arm to reveal "pinch marks." On the last day of school, Gingee had dug his nails into her so hard she bled. "And this," I say, showing him the little bit of swelling I have left from were Gingee hit me. Even though we're so far into the summer, I still have some bruises. He looks at us in shock. "I didn't- I would never- He seemed so-" he says. Then he calms down. "Like father like son I guess," he says. This phrase fits perfectly with this situation. "Okay. Let's talk about our clues now. This is Gary Cripson. His son is Gingee. Igor Simon is his brother-" "I wish not," Igor mumbles. Ashley continues, "He's been spying on us. You thought he just liked us or something, but soon found out he was trying to get money and land. So you betrayed him and are helping us." She speaks this part mostly to Igor. "And that's all we know. So more questions remain. How has he been watching us? Not just in the forest, he's been watching us more than there. How did he get our phone numbers? And most importantly, how do we get the document back?" But before anyone can say anything else, my phone rings. "Hello?" I say. But listening to who's on the other line makes my heart pound. I smile so big, my jaws hurt. "Okay," I say excitedly and I hang up. The others look at me with concerned looks on their faces. "Guys. I have to go. It was supposed to be a surprise but I didn't know anything and-" "What?" Ashley asks. "My dad's coming home," I say.
I say goodbye and jump on my bike. I pedal as fast as I can and reach my house in 30 seconds. After two years of fighting in Iraq, my dad will finally see me again.

Sorry for the short chapter! Vomment! Follow me! Thanks for reading! Also, please read xxLastSummerxx book. It's called Playing With Fire and I LOVE IT! Bye!