Chapter 14

I can't fall asleep tonight. I've just been thinking and thinking about the document. The name "Gary Cripson" plays on repeat in my mind. I finally fall asleep, but not for long.

I'm running through the woods. Ashley and Julia are close behind me. I trip and fall but they keep running. Behind me, a large figure steps up. He's just like a shadow, I can't see his face. He stands right over me and pulls out a gun. I'm too terrified to scream. I know that this is Gary Cripson. I try to get up but he pushes me down with his gigantic foot. "Thanks for the land little girl," he says. He points the gun at my head, and before I can react, he pulls the trigger. Everything goes black.....

I wake up screaming. I look around my room. I start to feel better as I remind myself it's safe here and that I just had a bad dream. I turn over and try to go to sleep again. The sooner we get to the bottom of this, the better. I hear my phone vibrate. It's Ashley...

Ashley: Hi r u awake?
Josie: Yeah just woke up from a dream, why?
Ashley: Same! Was it about the document? Cuz I just had one about that
Josie: Yeah, what happened in urs?!?!
Ashley: U died
Josie: Oh thanks Ashley😂
Ashley: Yeah, we broke into that Cripson guy's house and u tripped over a chair and we tried to help u but he came into the room and stabbed u and shot Julia...
Josie: 😒😒 Nice, Ash, nice
Ashley: lol yeah
Josie: Okay I gtg to bed it's only 3:00
Ashley: Yep see ya!

At first I thought that Ashley and I would have the same dream or something. That would be super weird.....that stuff only happens in movies and books and stuff. But it was weird that both our dreams were about Gary Cripson. And the document. I roll over and go to sleep.
I'm super tired this morning. I already know I'm going to be crabby and sluggish today, but I try not to think about that and set my mind on Gary Cripson.
I eat breakfast in silence as Avery keeps talking about her labbit. It's a rabbit stuffed animal with a mustache! She got it for Easter and ever since then it's been her favorite stuffed animal. She still talks about it all the time.... ~(Lol this is true. She got it for Easter about two years ago.... There's a pic of it, but her's is white! They're really cute...)~
I knock on Julia's front door. It's already 12:00. I've been playing Halo 3 and 4 with Ben and Owen all day. I finally got out of there! Anyways, Julia is a late sleeper and is still sleeping. I see Ashley emerge from the trees in Julia's front yard and she almost gives me a heart attack. "ASH," I scream. "DON'T DO THAT!" "That's payback for the time in that stream," she says sarcastically. Will, Julia's brother, comes to the door. He's the most annoying kid that's ever lived. He's short and has blonde hair. And plug your ears when he talks! "JULIA'S GETTING READY STILL," he yells, making my eardrums bleed. You should hear when he actually screams. This is his normal voice. About an hour later, Julia finally comes out.
"I was brushing my hair," she says. Did I mention she's a complete girly girl sparkle glitter unicorn cat? Well she is....
Her hair always has to be perfect and you never see her NOT brushing it. Like, seriously, at school when I saw her in the hall and at her locker, she was brushing her hair. ~(Lol😂 This is completely true too!)~
Avery demands to know what is going on when we bring up my laptop and the receipt. We also made a bunch of sketchy papers of what Gary Cripson could look like and a paper with all the clues we found written down.
"Don't worry. We're just doing math homework," Julia says. She sucks at making things up. The funny part is, Avery believes it. She forgets that we're already six weeks into summer!
We shut the door and I shove a chair against the knob so no one can get in. Ashley turns my phone on and blares the music so nobody can hear us.
I spread out the papers and carefully open the laptop. Immediately, I go to Fiind.com.
First I set up an account. When I type in the password, I use 7492, like the bunker's and chest's code.
After my account is set up, a note pops up. "Dang it!" Ashley says loudly when she reads it. Of course, we have to pay about $100 to view this website.
But, I have my own credit card. My parents don't really care what I do online as long as it's safe. My dad has been in the Air Force for over 15 years. One time, he was over seas and had a problem. My mom had to go over there, and was going to have to leave me alone for 3 weeks. I would have to take care of Avery and my Siberian husky named Suki. So she set up a credit card for me, and I've had it ever since.
I think about this as I pull it out. I show it to Julia and Ashley and tell them I can pay for it. "Good," Ashley states.
I click "okay." Then I type "Gary Cripson" into the search bar. Fiind.com shows you the addresses, phone numbers, emails, accounts, etc, of different people. Basically, anyone can use it and stalk you. That's a creepy thought. At first, it takes a while to load. But then, three names come up. All are Gary Cripson, so I check the cities. One person lives here in Port Huron. Julia looks up excitedly and jots this down on our clue paper. "47753 Nott Street," she says. Ashley looks at me and says, "But guys, we don't know where that is. It could be anywhere in the whole city!" I nod. This makes sense because Port Huron is pretty large. Although there are no huge factories or skyscrapers, it's big and there are a ton of houses. So instead, we click on his Instagram profile......

Sorry guys! I told u I would update yesterday, but I only had time for half of this. But don't worry! On Monday I'll be updating a lot more because I will be sitting in the car for 9 hours on the way to the Smokey Mountains🚗🚗🚗🚗. Thanks for almost 700 reads! We can make it there! Please vote, comment, and follow me! Byeeee...