Chapter 8

I wake up at 7:00 the next morning.
I had a weird dream about getting a selfie with Ed Sheeran. I had no idea where that was heading. Good thing I woke up.
I feel a lot better now, knowing that the document was still there.
The document is important. No one can find it. Unless everyone in my neighborhood wanted to loose their home and all their possessions. This document is so important because-
My phone goes off.

Ashley- Heeyyyyy
Josie- Hi wassup
Ashley- I had a weird dream about the u know what last night
Josie- And......
Ashley- Now I want to check on it
Josie- Did u tell Julia
Ashley- No
Josie- Well it's there we checked yesterday just remember what u said before
Ashley- Okay lol and also sorry I was mad at u guys yesterday I was kinda nervous too and was taking it out on u sorry😕😕
Josie- It's okay don't worry bout it!😊
Ashley- Kk I'll text Julia, wanna go explore?!?!?!💁
Josie- YASSSSSS what time?

I wait a couple minutes for a response.

Ashley- Julia can go I'll see u in an hour
Josie- Kk😄

I put down my phone and run to the bathroom. Nobody else is awake yet so I try to be as quiet as possible.
When I'm done showering, I quickly throw on my black tank and throw on a white cropped T-shirt. I put on my Mackinac Island hat and leave a note for my mom. I grab a banana and am out the door!
It's a beautiful morning. The sun is beating down as I run to Ashley's house. As I reach her front porch, I notice a HUGE spider in the corner. Gross. I ring the door bell over and over again. Then I remember everyone's still sleeping.
The door opens. "Ash, I'm so sorry! I forgot it's only 8:00 I swear," I whisper scream. "Don't worry. My parents are in Jamaica right now! They won't be home until next week. Don't look at me like that, I have enough food and stuff," she says when she sees my expression. I walk inside. It's so cool and refreshing in here! Julia's on the couch watching Hayes Grier vines. Ashley is in love with him. I don't think anyone could love him more!
After a while, I manage to get them outside. (Ashley kept insisting to watch more vines)! "Where shall we go?" I ask them. "There has to be some place we haven't been yet," Julia says. Actually, there is. "Guys, I think we've been everywhere! There's no place in the woods we haven't been," Ashley says. "True. In the woods behind my house," I say. Ashley and Julia turn and look at the woods by Ashley's house. We've never been in them before........
We see Owen and Chase walking down the street. Chase notices us. They start coming toward us, wanting to hang out. Dang. We wanted to explore!
I turn around to see what Ashley and Julia are doing about this, only to see they're running. Seriously? Just leave me behind!
We hide behind some random house. I don't know who lives here but we're trapped. We made the stupid choice of going inside his gate. Owen and Chase are getting closer. I notice the side of the gate. It leads into the yard next door. I start to jump that gate.

We are all safely on the other side. They won't find us here because this backyard has a tall, black fence that no one can see through.
This backyard has a gate on one side, the side we climbed over. The front and other side is the black fence though. The back: woods!
We decide to go in through this person's backyard.
I try not to burst out laughing when Chase comes right up to the gate and asks Owen, "Where'd they go?"
Ashley can't help it. She starts laughing like crazy. Good thing Chase and Owen don't hear.
There's a big difference between these woods and my woods. These woods are taken a lot better care of! As we walk along people's backyards, we see people have cleared lots of trees. The trail we decide to take has a wooden boarded path. The path doesn't continue all the way though the woods of course. But it stops at a clearing. No trees. Kind of like what surrounds the hidden bunker in my woods......
We continue through. I finally see light ahead and can tell we are almost to the other side. "We're almost there," I say excitedly.
We step out. I see Ashley and Julia's eyes open wide. Julia's mouth drops open.
I can't believe what I'm seeing......

Hey guys! I'm happy that 191 people have read this! If u like this story, follow me and comment! U could also do a shoutout on ur page to see if anybody else will read it. Thanks everyone! I'll keep updating!😘 Does everything make sense so far? I hope so......😬😬😬😏😏😏