lost and found (captain hook, 2)

The only thing present at the sea was the horizon and the Jolly Roger

The only thing present at the sea was the horizon and the Jolly Roger. Zella watched the water beneath her. She didn't ask where they were going, she didn't care. The only thing she cared about was her new beginning.

Being the only woman onboard, it wasn't a surprise when the crew came on to her, but she paid them no mind. That was until a man with a big beard walked towards her, and smirked.

"You offered the Captain anything for your stay. Why don't you start paying up, sweetheart?"

Zella glared at him and turned away, knowing that ignoring him and staring at the sea was the best option.

"Hey, look at me. Haven't you got any manners?" the man gripped her arm, quite roughly, too.

Zella would never allow being treated without respect, and things were about to get ugly, when the Captain walked into the scene.

"That's enough" he said, gesturing to the man to leave. With one last glance at Zella, the bearded man walked away.

She expected Hook to make a move on her as well, to treat her with the same disrespect, or even worse. But he simply stood there, staring at the water with her.

Zella felt puzzled for a moment. She didn't know whether to thank him or not, and just when she had made up her mind to do so, he spoke.

"So, Rapunzel" he looked at her. "Why did you want the bean, anyways?"

She waited.

"I have my motives"

"Fair enough" he smiled. "It's getting late, are you tired?"

"I guess" Zella replied, but she wasn't tired at all.

"Let me take you to where you'll spend the night".

~•~

Quite some time had passed before the ship went totally quiet, indicating that everyone had gone to sleep. Until then, Zella couldn't even close her eyes. She would sleep when she was finally free. And so, when the time was right, she got up and left the room she was in.

Walking across the desolate ship in the dark felt scary, and dangerous. If she were to get caught, she wouldn't be able to fight all the men on her own, clearly. And it's not like she had anywhere to run to. But she had to do this.

She had made sure to make a mental note of where the Captain's cabin was. She found the door unlocked, and she chuckled softly to herself. Stupid pirate.