lost and found (captain hook, 1)

͟͟͞͞➳❥ this is a prequel to the previous story "cloaked heart", taking place before the curse

Zella knew she would either spend her whole life running, or being a prisoner. She couldn't have both: peace and freedom. So she chose, and she ran, she ran and never stood still. She would hide until she found a way to free herself.

After an entire day of searching the woods to no avail, Zella caught sight of a little tavern. Desperate for some warmth and food, she walked into the bar. Sitting at a table, she ordered the cheapest drink, but she soon realized she didn't have any money. She had spent the last of it. She groaned, and the irritated waitress asked her to leave.

"Let me buy you a drink, love" someone sat next to her. A pirate. Of course it was a pirate.

"No need" she scorned, glaring at the man.

Zella hated pirates. She hated how they felt entitled to women, how they flirted with her, how powerful they felt. She specifically hated the amount of leather this pirate was wearing, as well.

"Come on, love, it's not like you can afford it yourself" he smirked, opening his pouch and putting some coins on the table.

"I said no" she stated, louder this time.

Zella was about to stand up and leave, or punch the pirate in the face, when she took a good look at him, and noticed something. If her eyes didn't deceive her, inside the pirate's pouch, there was a magic bean.

Suddenly, her heart started beating loudly, and her face lit up with the anticipation of a perfect opportunity.

"Actually, I wouldn't mind a drink" she smirked, tugging at the hems of her corset. The pirate's eyes immediately moved towards her chest.

"What's your name, beautiful?"

"Rapunzel".

Zella learnt the man was Captain Hook, and he was traveling the realm with his ship, the Jolly Roger. She smiled and flirted and forged interest, sighing about how incredible he was. And then she leaned in, whispering something in his ear, and placed her hand on his leg. She stared at him, making sure to distract him with her gaze as she discreetly grabbed his bag, and stored it in her coat. Pulling away, she smirked proudly to herself.

"It's getting late, I should go home" she said, standing up from the table. Hook looked at her confusedly. "It was a pleasure to meet you, Captain Hook" she muttered, smiling.

~•~

Zella ran away from the tavern, high on her euphoria. She had been looking for a way to leave the realm for so long, and she had now found one. She screamed in excitement, as she got to a secluded spot in the woods where she planned to spend her night.

She sat on the ground, holding and admiring the magic bean. Right there in her hand, she was holding her future, her new start. A whole world of opportunities opened up to her. Now she only had to decide where she wanted to go.