cloaked heart (detective rogers/hook, 4)

Even though she had gone to bed late, Zella didn't get much sleep

Even though she had gone to bed late, Zella didn't get much sleep. She kept tossing and turning in bed, replaying the night in her head, replaying the kiss, Rogers' smile, his touch. She didn't understand how their relationship had changed so much in only a few days. A week ago, if someone had told her about this, she wouldn't have believed them in a million years. 

Yet, it didn't feel odd, it felt right. A part of her felt as if this was how it had supposed to be all along.
By the time the sun had risen, Zella decided to simply get out of bed and start her day. She got ready to have breakfast with Tilly as usual, but this time, she put a little more effort in her appearance. She took quite a long time deciding what to wear and doing her hair and makeup. Every time she caught her reflection in the mirror, she giggled at herself and blushed.

She couldn't help wondering what would happen now. Would Rogers ask her out? How much more would their dynamic change? How was he feeling now? Was he feeling the same way she was?

After Zella had finished getting ready, there was still some left before she had to meet Tilly. Still, she headed out anyway. If she was going crazy inside her head, she might as well go crazy outside her apartment.

When she got to the coffee shop, she sat at the counter, making some small talk with Ruby to pass the time. But when Ruby had to attend to customers, she was alone with her thoughts again. The anticipation of seeing Rogers again felt electrifying, her heart beating faster only imagining it.

Finally, the blonde head of hair appeared in the shop, bouncing around the place with a huge smile on her face.

"Someone's cheerful" Zella laughed, very excited to tell her friend the news.

"Guess what! Margot asked me out!" Tilly exclaimed, basically screaming.

"Oh my god!" Zella returned the excitement, also loud. "Oh my god! You've had a crush on her for so long!"

"Ever since I can remember" Tilly smiled to herself.

Margot was the daughter of the co-owner of the best bar in town. Zella actually got along really well with Kelly, and Roni, too, the other owner. Margot had come into town not so long ago after traveling the world, and she and Tilly immediately became friends. Or more.

"When is the date?" Zella asked, happily.

"Tonight"

The two girls squaled together, hugging and jumping up and down. They didn't even catch the attention of the customers since they were already used to the pair of friends and their antics.

"Wait, what about you? How was it last night, with Rogers?" Tilly remembered, turning serious and expectant.

"Well" Zella turned as red as a rose. "There was a kiss"

Now Tilly's shriek did get some attention, so she whispered a "Sorry" to the rest of the people at the coffee shop.

"Oh my gosh!" she said, quieter this time. "Are you guys dating now? I always knew you would make such a pretty couple!"