cloaked heart (detective rogers/hook, 3)

christmas special ✧・゚: *  · ͟͟͞͞➳❥

christmas special ✧・゚: * · ͟͟͞͞➳❥

It was Christmas night at Zella's apartment, Tilly was setting the table, while her friend got ready.

"Why do you have so many pans?" Tilly shouted, staring at the cupboard perplexedly.

"I like them" Zella answered from her room. "Alright, is this okay?"

Zella came out of her room, wearing a beautiful chiffon red dress, completely dressed up. Tilly frowned.

"I thought you said we would wear pajamas"

"Well yeah, but that was before"

"Before what?" Tilly asked, and Zella looked down in embarrassment. "Oh! Before you invited Rogers! You got all dressed up because of him!" She jumped up and down, excitedly. The woman blushed.

"I did not. But I can't be in my pajamas when he comes over"

"Why not? I am" the blonde looked down at her own outfit: a candy cane onesie.

"Because" Zella muttered, and she was saved by the bell, literally, by a knock on the door.

"Oh my god, he's here" Tilly squealed, hugging a pillow, and Zella rolled her eyes walking towards the door. Still, when her friend wasn't looking, she made sure to check her hair before opening the door.

When she opened the door, she perceived Rogers arranging his hair, also. Her heart immediately leapt at the sight. The man was wearing a black sweater and black trousers, and a black coat. He was holding a plastic cake container.

"Merry Christmas" he smiled.

"Merry Christmas" Zella returned the smile. "Come on in"

"Rogers!" Tilly exclaimed, running towards him and jumping for a piggy ride. Rogers caught her, and burst into laughter.

Zella watched the scene with fondness, feeling happy that Tilly had someone like Rogers in her life. After taking Rogers' coat, she also took the cake container. Before storing it in the fridge, she took the lid out to peek at what he had brought. A smile grew on her face when she saw he had brought a chocolate cake from the coffee shop. Her favorite.